Fibromyalgia Pain
twilightchick74 posted:
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have the fatigue but then pain is almost gone. I also like icyhot naturals.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 7 found this helpful

Anon_57995 responded:
That's good for you.

Did you know that there is a Web MD support community for fibromyalgia?

peskypain replied to powellv544's response:
I have reported this person as they are obvioulsy trying to fake the photo to look like a WebMD Dr...

Do NOT email this person!!!

davedsel57 replied to peskypain's response:
I reported several of these posts hours ago and replied to one of them. This is terrible, but what is worst is that WebMD has not deleted these spams yet. I am very, very disappointed.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

ctbeth replied to davedsel57's response:
I agree. I fear most for new members who may think that he's legit.

Please delete his posts.

Anon_27116 responded:
Hi twilightchick74,

I am really pleased that the lyrica has been helpful for you.

I just want to let you know that about 4 years ago my pain mgt. dr. prescribed lyrica for me and I gained a lot of weight. Before starting that medicine I weighed about 115 lbs. and then I gained so much weight and it was 178 lbs.! I am not kidding either. Just be careful if you notice that you start to gain a lot of weight. If you do gain the weight then I would suggest that you talk to your doctor.

Good Luck!

annette030 replied to peskypain's response:
Just because he was wearing a white lab coat in his photo?

He could also be a lab tech, I would not assume that though. Maybe he is a doctor in real life.

I would not email anyone I met on line, but that is just me.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to Anon_27116's response:
I take gabapentin 800 mg once a day in the evening. I tried Lyrica, but it did not work any better than the gabapentin, so I went back to it. They are chemically very similar drugs.

I have been losing weight slowly but steadily, I had a checkup today and weighed 179.4, the least I have ever weighed as an adult. I was up to 254 lbs. at the largest. No change in diet, just a bit more exercise every day.

If you start to gain weight, let your doctor know right away.

Take care, Annette