Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibromyalgia Pain
twilightchick74 posted:
I had a lot of pain in my lower back. The doctor diagnosed it as Fibromyalgia. He prescribed lyrica which works really well. I still have the fatigue but then pain is almost gone. I also like icyhot naturals.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 8 found this helpful

Anon_57995 responded:
That's good for you.

Did you know that there is a Web MD support community for fibromyalgia?

peskypain replied to powellv544's response:
I have reported this person as they are obvioulsy trying to fake the photo to look like a WebMD Dr...

Do NOT email this person!!!

davedsel57 replied to peskypain's response:
I reported several of these posts hours ago and replied to one of them. This is terrible, but what is worst is that WebMD has not deleted these spams yet. I am very, very disappointed.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

ctbeth replied to davedsel57's response:
I agree. I fear most for new members who may think that he's legit.

Please delete his posts.

Anon_27116 responded:
Hi twilightchick74,

I am really pleased that the lyrica has been helpful for you.

I just want to let you know that about 4 years ago my pain mgt. dr. prescribed lyrica for me and I gained a lot of weight. Before starting that medicine I weighed about 115 lbs. and then I gained so much weight and it was 178 lbs.! I am not kidding either. Just be careful if you notice that you start to gain a lot of weight. If you do gain the weight then I would suggest that you talk to your doctor.

Good Luck!

annette030 replied to peskypain's response:
Just because he was wearing a white lab coat in his photo?

He could also be a lab tech, I would not assume that though. Maybe he is a doctor in real life.

I would not email anyone I met on line, but that is just me.

Take care, Annette

annette030 replied to Anon_27116's response:
I take gabapentin 800 mg once a day in the evening. I tried Lyrica, but it did not work any better than the gabapentin, so I went back to it. They are chemically very similar drugs.

I have been losing weight slowly but steadily, I had a checkup today and weighed 179.4, the least I have ever weighed as an adult. I was up to 254 lbs. at the largest. No change in diet, just a bit more exercise every day.

If you start to gain weight, let your doctor know right away.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

David N. Maine, MD is the director of the Center for Interventional Pain Medicine at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore. Maine graduated with a degree ...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.