Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Total Knee Replacement
MavsGma posted:
I had both knees done 5 years ago. I had one done in January & the other done in July. Each time it was about 7 weeks each knee before I returned to work. At first I felt the same way - is this pain ever going to subside? Eventually with lots of PT & stretching and ice packs it did subside. So hang in there. I know it is tough, but the pain you had before the knee replacement was far worse. I could barely walk for 5 years before my replacements ..... i wasn't old enough to get them. And now 5 years after the replacements- it was the best thing I ever did. I have no pain and no problems and exercise and ride my bike regularly. Exercising regularly is the key - exercise through the pain if you can and you've been checked out by your dr. Good luck & hang tough!!
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.