Skip to content
Total Knee Replacement
MavsGma posted:
I had both knees done 5 years ago. I had one done in January & the other done in July. Each time it was about 7 weeks each knee before I returned to work. At first I felt the same way - is this pain ever going to subside? Eventually with lots of PT & stretching and ice packs it did subside. So hang in there. I know it is tough, but the pain you had before the knee replacement was far worse. I could barely walk for 5 years before my replacements ..... i wasn't old enough to get them. And now 5 years after the replacements- it was the best thing I ever did. I have no pain and no problems and exercise and ride my bike regularly. Exercising regularly is the key - exercise through the pain if you can and you've been checked out by your dr. Good luck & hang tough!!
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.