Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    a confused patient
    daisydukea posted:
    my doctors office called me and told me they where releaseing me ,for not having my oxycodine 10 in my system ,which there is no possible way that could be right ,i take 4 aday and i have never missed aday taking my medication ,i even told them i would come in and take a drug text right then either blood or what ever they wanted an even bring my bottle in to show them it was right ,but they said no an that there was nothing they could do for me now ,so what should i do ,they where fixing to talk about surgery on me and i cant bare the pain i live with without my medication ,can i not apile this or something theres got to be something i can do,they wouldnt even let me talk to my doctor an said if i came down there they wouldnt let me talk to him,shouldnt i have a right to decguess this with him
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful
    daisydukea responded:
    blessedladyptl replied to daisydukea's response:
    You cannot appeal this because the dr has the right to refuse treatment if he wishes. Also a "appeal" is for the legal arena and this is medical.

    The only thing you can do is try to find another pain management dr. But be aware that any new dr will read what your current/previous pain management dr has written in your medical records. If you have a PCP who can advise you that might help.

    Also, others here have had problems with incorrect urine drug tests. If the drs office won't allow you to be tested again, there is nothing you can do in regards to your current/previous pain management dr.

    I wish I could suggest something, but talking to your current PCP is all I can think of. Maybe someone else has some ideas.
    smann68 responded:
    Hi daisydukea!

    Unfortunatley, blessedladyptl is right. There really isn't much you can do. The only thing that I would add to what she said is that you might try calling back and begging just to see if you can get them to change their minds.

    How long have you been going there? If it's been a while, remind them of that. Also make sure to tell them how much pain you're in and that you can't live w/out your meds. Anything you can think of that might change their mind.

    But probably, you'll just have to try to find another pm dr. and soon, before you run out of your meds.

    I wish you the best of luck!
    angeleyesbia responded:
    There honestly anything else you can do except beg and plead for another chance. Tell them that you will do a blood draw, a urine test. Tell them that you would be willing to have a weekly appointment and that he can give you just a weeks supply at a time and every week you will provide a urine sample for them to test your levels. Remind them that dip-sticks are human made and there are "bad ones" in the bunch, that labs are ran by humans and humans make mistakes!! Drinking lost of water during the day and having a mid day appt might of lowered the levels of the meds but not of made it completely disappear from the test all together.
    It is very important that if you can not be re-admitted to the practice then you MUST get your medical records from them and read what the doctor really was saying for you. It might be for a fee but they can not tell you no!!
    If you want to get really pissy with them, remind them that doctors have been sued and won against fro malpractice. Some have been for patients that we falsely accused and found out to be right after they were denied treatment or discharged, Some were for patients that were hospitalized for with-drawls for medications that they have had them on for years and were suddenly cut off without being tapered off first... that is a last resort however, because it does make you look aggressive and bitchy, for a lack of a better word.
    Doctors now days are very nervous and do not think rationally sometimes because they have come under such scrutiny when it comes to pain medications. Sadly, drug addicts and drug seekers have ruined a lot of things for people that really are in need of these things!!
    I wish you the best of luck and please do not forget to get a copy of ALL of your medical records from that doctor for your personal revue!!
    lorigibs40734 responded:
    Hi daisy. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I know it's aggravating to go through something like this. Could you contact your regular doctor, maybe have him/her count your meds, take another test at their office to make sure your meds are in your system? It would be helpful to do that and have them refer you to another PM Specialist?

    There is a lady that comes to the pain clinic that I go to. She cannot take a urine test at it shows different. They have to take her blood and do it that way. She comes in a week before she's due to get the blood drawn and then has another appointment later in the week so they have the results back. I've never heard of this before but she says she's had to do it for years. Something with her kidneys but I can't remember....??

    Talk to your regular doctor, get the pill count, and another urine test or blood test in their office. Also, get a copy of your records from your previous PM specialist.

    Good luck to you!!

    Featuring Experts

    Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.