Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The whipple procedure
deckape posted:
I entered a "post" two days ago concerning the Whipple procedure. I have yet to see my post
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

davedsel responded:
Your post is further down the page and I replied. This board gets busy at times and older posts move down the page.

Here is a link to your post: http://forums.webmd.com/3/pain-management-exchange/forum/5929
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

dbr53 replied to davedsel's response:
Hi Dave,

I am a David as well. I too have almost the same situation as you. I have double DDD, Cervical and Lumbar stenosis, irreversible nerve disease, disabled, applied for SSDI and got it the go around, without an attorney. Can not have surgery, etc.

My question for you is, how were you able to draw your pension early? I am 54, and will be 55 in 2014. I too, have a pension from my company of thirty years. I would like to know if I am illegible from a tax view. Or, are all pensions different? I have read several of your comments and I think you are a great person as well as a strong Christian. Looking forward to hearing from you.

God Bless You,

David

davedsel replied to dbr53's response:
Hello, David.

Thank you for your kind comments.

I was with a company for 14 years. They had a policy of early retirement at age 55 with 10 or more years of service. In December of 2011, I went to the company's pension website and started the process for retirement. It was approved and started in April 2012 as I had turned 55 the month before.

Pension benefits are taxable. I have money deducted to cover these each year. Also, realize that your pension amount will be drastically reduced if you retire early - mine was reduced by about 2/3. Worth it, though, as it is better than nothing and helps with the budget.

I recommend that contact the Human Resources department of you former company or see if you can find their pension website.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

annette030 responded:
What was the Whipple Procedure you had? I wonder because the one I had heard of was the removal of much of the abdominal contents as a palliative treatment for advanced cancer. This was many years ago.

Take care, Annette

Featuring Experts

Peter Abaci, MD , is certified in anesthesia and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Abaci received his undergraduate educat...More

Helpful Tips

tramodol
have taken tramadol several times...i have seen no benefits to this med...extremely weak pain med More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.