Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure what to titile this..except I'm in pain!
mistyfromcoweta posted:
This may sound silly, but to me it really is becoming an issue. My feet cramp. Now from most the reply would be that I'm a big baby and everyone gets muscle cramps.
These are not your ordinary cramps. My feet cramp so bad I an unable to do anything besides sqwat and put pressure on the balls of my feet or bend my toes back toward my calves to get relief. They are so bad sometimes I can't even walk. I try and try to stand up and move around the room but it's nearly impossible. Every time I try to stand up they cramp and I find myself swatting in the floor bawling my eyes out. Lately the cramps have been accompanied with numbness and pain up my legs, not to mention a strange crawling feeling on my feet. I had a bad spell last night and my feet cramped most of the night. My husband had to carry me to where I needed to go because I could not walk . It's embarassing to be temporarily crippled by something as small as a muscle cramp. Today my feet hurt and keep trying to cramp, my legs ache and as I sit here I am on the verge of tears. When I walk it feels as if my feet have no tissue and I am walking on bare bones. I've also had numbness in my hands and they quite frequently feel as if they are dislocated, but this is not nearly as big an issue as my feet. I have no idea what doctor to go to. I have other minor health issues such as migraines, chronic dizziness, low blood sugar and low back pain. I am in fear that there is a underlying cause for all of these issues, but I don't even know what doctor to start with!! Any any any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Misty
PS...I've researched foot cramps. I've tried magnisum, calcium, potassium, natural tonics, warm baths, muscle rubs and etc etc... nothing helps.

An_242060 responded:
Hi Misty,
Are you still struggling with this? Have you gotten any answers/info? I am new and this was posted seven months ago...please post if you still need advice.
Sabrina

Casey080209 responded:
Hey have you gotten any further into finding out the problem? I have been dealing with something similar... Lower back pain, pelvic and lower abdominal pain as well as sharp shooting pains in my hips and my butt and down my legs. It is debilitating and constant pain. I also have severe fatigue and have lost feeling completely in part of my left foot and partially down my left leg. I have lost feeling in both of my legs several times and have numbness and tingling in my legs, groin and butt/hips. I have no answers either and I have had this for 2 years now - the pain doesn't subside ever and I have been seeing different Drs since the beginning. I hope you have gotten some kind of answer, let me know how you are doing!

Casey

Spotlight: Member Stories

Multi-level lumbar and cervical spine fusions secondary to MVI trauma. Spinal cord injury with alteration in sensation and mobility. Intermedull...More

Helpful Tips

Tips/Resources/Discussions/What's Happening Now
I would like to point out AS A TIP that the new layout that WebMD has adopted can become confusing, but keep coming back and check ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.