Skip to content
Who do you see when the specialist has no clue what is wrong?
musicalmommie07 posted:
Two months ago I went to a hand specialist because the urgent care thought I broke a bone in my hand. Turns out I didn't and the specialist thought it was tendinitis, gave me a cortisone shot which only relieved the pain temporarily and discolored my skin at the injection point...still is discolored to this day. he then sent me for a split to immobilize my hand and told me to come back in two weeks.....did that and was still in pain so he ordered an MRI to see if I tore a tendon....nothing showed and I was then sent for a new splint to be made. Two weeks later he prescribed physical therapy that did nothing for my pain levels. I will say however that resting it in a splint has helped with the pain level but what frustrates me is that this doctor could not find out what was wrong with me....he suggested surgery to severe the nerve in the wrist for pain management and told me to see an RA doctor. That was two months ago and my pain has since decreased but I do not have full strength back in my hand. I have had the blood test for RA and nothing has shown who do I see for the lost of strenghth and mild pain now? I am right handed so unfortuately this is my dominant hand we are talkling about......would like to find out exactly what is going on as now you can see my hand bone poking through the skin when it loses strenghth and I'm getting worried. Thank you for any advice you can give me!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Multi-level lumbar and cervical spine fusions secondary to MVI trauma. Spinal cord injury with alteration in sensation and mobility. Intermedull...More

Helpful Tips

RE: Have Chronic Pain and just had a TIA (mini-stroke)
I have had chronic pain for many, many years now. Headaches, neck disk problems and jaw pain. About 2 weeks ago I started having part of ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.