Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
quick question about tooth extraction
MadameMonster posted:
know someone with a tooth that is in need of an extraction. the only thing is, he is afraid they're not going to give him anything for the pain or anything to subside the pain because he goes to a methadone clinic. is there anything they can give him besides tylenol or ib profin?

please let me know because hes suffering and doesnt want to get his tooth pulled and hes in dire pain. i hate to see someone suffer, and hes afraid to tell them that he's on methadone because they won't give him anything to take the pain away, or that they'll look at him differently.

fedupwfibro responded:
I would say ask the methadone clinic what to do in this situation. They should know how the dentist will react or they can work it out with the dentist as in what to do.
Roniedea :My peace has yet to come, but when it does, I hope only to be worthy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI, MY NAME IS CINDY AND I AM 55 YEARS OLD. SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH BACK AND LEG PAIN. IN 1999, I UNDERWENT MY 7th SPINAL SURGERY....More

Helpful Tips

Study Shows Chronic Back Pain Erodes Concentration, Memory
Recent research observes that people living with persistent spinal pain experience difficulties with mental concentration and remembering ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.