Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I have been there
painwomen posted:
I have had this disease for six year's.I have found going to a local pain clinic for classes in pain managment.I only learned one thing in those classes ,but it was the most important thing in my life now.I am no longer able to work.My mind doesn't work the same way any more.All of this started in my left foot over the years it has spread to every part of my body.I can feel every painful heart beat and every time my lungs fill with air I feel it.I am not the type to ask for help so I didn't. I learn that a form of meditation and using my dog as a therapy dog I have a little of my life back.I don't use alot of pain pills i use the power of meditation and the shear will to survive.I refuse to sit quitley while my body gets taken over.I find a heathy dose of anger at the disease works well too.lol We will not in my life time get the respect from the doctors or the public we deserve. Expect the you don't look sick comment alot.Just consintrate on yourself and forget the others,it will be the only way to survive.You will need all your energy to control your pain.I have good days and bad but I am still better of than alot of other people.That is something I never forget.Keeps me humble and prevents self pitty.Oh and social securty does take rsd or crps as a disability. Hope this helps and I am always here to listen....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be a happy single work a holic mom that literally had no life away from my insatiable desire to move up , do well and be the best at my job....More

Helpful Tips

Tips/Resources/Discussions/What's Happening Now
I would like to point out AS A TIP that the new layout that WebMD has adopted can become confusing, but keep coming back and check ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.