Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am new to this but I have been in horrible pain for over 3 years.
mama111 posted:
I had hand surgery over 1 1/2 years ago and the pain after the surgery never went away. I have constant burning and tingeling pain in my right hand and arm now all the way to my shoulder. I have no use of my thumb and constant pain in my four fingers at night I have muscle spasms. The pain is always at its worst at night. I am tired and want to sleep but I tread the night time. I am on Lyrica,butrans,nucynta,amrix. I just started the butrans patch and it does help me in the morning to be able to move a little bit better than before. I hate how my pain has totally controlled my life. I was a active person and now I want to go out and do things but it depends on how much pain I am in. I try to be able to follow through with my comitments my sons sports as best as I can. I am am very lucky to have a family who is trying to understand, and friends who are also trying to understand. I guess it is hard for them they can not feel the pain or see it only in my face as I struggle to do my very best.

paininSD responded:
Do you have a Pain Management Dr.? Ask if it is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or RSD.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a married 43yr. old mother of 4, gramma of 5, living in Wash. state. I am pretty tired of the pain management game, and each new doctor tends to ...More

Helpful Tips

Study Shows Chronic Back Pain Erodes Concentration, Memory
Recent research observes that people living with persistent spinal pain experience difficulties with mental concentration and remembering ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.