Skip to content
I am new to this but I have been in horrible pain for over 3 years.
mama111 posted:
I had hand surgery over 1 1/2 years ago and the pain after the surgery never went away. I have constant burning and tingeling pain in my right hand and arm now all the way to my shoulder. I have no use of my thumb and constant pain in my four fingers at night I have muscle spasms. The pain is always at its worst at night. I am tired and want to sleep but I tread the night time. I am on Lyrica,butrans,nucynta,amrix. I just started the butrans patch and it does help me in the morning to be able to move a little bit better than before. I hate how my pain has totally controlled my life. I was a active person and now I want to go out and do things but it depends on how much pain I am in. I try to be able to follow through with my comitments my sons sports as best as I can. I am am very lucky to have a family who is trying to understand, and friends who are also trying to understand. I guess it is hard for them they can not feel the pain or see it only in my face as I struggle to do my very best.

paininSD responded:
Do you have a Pain Management Dr.? Ask if it is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or RSD.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i have drowned in pains.left to suffer and be degraded for idk because im disabled and easy to do i guess.i have a spouse and teenage kid.my spouse is...More

Helpful Tips

Naloxone ?Reboots? Opioid Pain-Relief System
Research has suggested potential benefits of using low-doses of the opioid antagonist naloxone to "reboot" the body's natural ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful