Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

I am new to this but I have been in horrible pain for over 3 years.
    mama111 posted:
    I had hand surgery over 1 1/2 years ago and the pain after the surgery never went away. I have constant burning and tingeling pain in my right hand and arm now all the way to my shoulder. I have no use of my thumb and constant pain in my four fingers at night I have muscle spasms. The pain is always at its worst at night. I am tired and want to sleep but I tread the night time. I am on Lyrica,butrans,nucynta,amrix. I just started the butrans patch and it does help me in the morning to be able to move a little bit better than before. I hate how my pain has totally controlled my life. I was a active person and now I want to go out and do things but it depends on how much pain I am in. I try to be able to follow through with my comitments my sons sports as best as I can. I am am very lucky to have a family who is trying to understand, and friends who are also trying to understand. I guess it is hard for them they can not feel the pain or see it only in my face as I struggle to do my very best.

paininSD responded:
    Do you have a Pain Management Dr.? Ask if it is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or RSD.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be a happy single work a holic mom that literally had no life away from my insatiable desire to move up , do well and be the best at my job....More

Helpful Tips

Study Shows Chronic Back Pain Erodes Concentration, Memory
    Recent research observes that people living with persistent spinal pain experience difficulties with mental concentration and remembering ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    16 of 20 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.