Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Breaking news from Jerusalem Post on natural pain therapy.
rriverajr posted:
Marijuana component may ease pain, according to researchers at Temple University School of Pharmacy. They foundthat cannbidiol completely prevented the onset of the neuropathic, or nerve pain caused by the chemo drug Paclitaxel, "which is used to treat breast cancer". It is from what they say is the next largest (THC) compond coming from cannabis. This compond is called Cannabidiol, which also already shown/used to treact breast cancer, tumors in animal models and Professor of pharmaceutical sciences said also that it can produce really debilitatine neuropathic pain without euphoria. Sound so great, but when I tryed to share this same info with my pain magament Doctor, he just treated me like a drug addict. Even thow I've been self medicaing with pot for many years (now over 50) for sex abuse as a child, AHAD/ADD and for calmness. Over the year I've been prven right for my treatment choice. I live in New York City and these Doctor once you say pot your a juky even if you have proof in papers with experts around the world saying it's good for so many reason then why the stone wall. I am of good report, respected for who I am a man of God Yahweh, through Christ Jesus, by way of the Holy Spirit that I am known as Rev. Ralph Rivera, Jr.

cweinbl responded:
For those of you who live in a location where purchasing and inhaling THC is illegal, ask your internist or family physician about prescribting Marinol (Elan Pharmaceuticals). The active ingredient in Marinol is synthetic THC. It is legal, although still off-label for pain.

rriverajr replied to cweinbl's response:
You're missimg the point about this new finding. That this Cannabidiol comes from pot that controls pain with out getting that high feeling, that is already in the market, that you don't smoke and that has better controled. Please going to Jerusalem Post.com and see the information yourself. And by the way I've been studying natural meds. on my own for over 20 years and a natural med that I take now that works good is Corydalis = chiness herb and White Willow Bark. I'm no expert at all but no fool, understand plain english and follow information out there around the world. Thanks Rev. .R.Rivera

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

Tips/Resources/Discussions/What's Happening Now
I would like to point out AS A TIP that the new layout that WebMD has adopted can become confusing, but keep coming back and check ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.