Skip to content
Pain in all parts of body
wbfroggie posted:
I am not sure how to define this, but I have been dealing with cronic pain for many years in all parts of my body. I have had gouty arthritis since I was 18 I am now 45 years old. But I just noticed something. I just went in to have lithotripsy on my left kidney to break a large stone, when I got home I was in some fair amount of pain and I took one of my Lortab 7.5/500 which usually does not touch my pain in my legs, back, tendens etc. But it killed my kidney pain very fast. My question is this, could it be that I have some form of infection or inflamation that pain medication doesn't work on, and if so how do I go about getting it taken care of? I remembered having the same condition when going in to the dentist for teeth pain and the pain medication would not work but the antibiotics did.

MsTutor responded:
Did research on the family's cronic ilnesses and discovered a missing enzyme that might be the reason for the variety of ills. Looked up what foods carried the combination of vitamins and coenzymes that created the "missing" enzyme.

To my surprise, I found tht by far the foods I needed were spices. A friend of mine told me to take equal parts of garlic, onion powder and tumeric along with that I threw in a good measure of all other steak and soup spices to create a yummy table condiment tht I sprinkled on my potatoes, soups and meats. A year later I am relatively pain free.

The other day, I found when searching WEBMD that tumericis an alternative pain mangement method. Garlic is used to help nerve pain as well. I now fit in among the living for the first time in a LONG time.

wbfroggie replied to MsTutor's response:
I will have to give that a try, it is funny you say that, after writting my post, I came accross a book about digestion and the enzymes the body needs to break down the food for it to do work and that many people don't have enough plant based enzymes in their diet for good digestion. It makes sense. So thank you for your insight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

Tips/Resources/Discussions/What's Happening Now
I would like to point out AS A TIP that the new layout that WebMD has adopted can become confusing, but keep coming back and check ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.