Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
multiple pain conditions
ellsworth52 posted:
I have acute Chronic Migraines (over 40 years), Fibromyalgia (over 20 years), and IV CRPS in my right hand/forearm (over 10 years). I have tried Neurontin, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Morphine, Hydrocodone, and Topamax, without any significant relief and horrific side effects. I have also undergone PT, massage therapy, electric stimulation, nerve block injections, and a spinal cord neuro-stimulator. These proved to be more detrimental to my conditions than beneficial, so they were all discontinued. I have slowed my life down, I take hot soaking baths frequently, I use heat wraps, I exercise lightly, and I take naps as needed. I have a very supportive family, a busy life, and little stress in my life. I take Paxil Amitriptyline, Zomig, Actonel and Nexium regularly. But...I am not ready to give up entirely, at finding something that would give me relief, either significant or occasional.
Does anyone here use Acupuncture for these pain conditions? Does it help? Is there anything I haven't tried yet as far as you can tell?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My pain originates from a sled riding incident many years ago when I was in college that has continually gotten worse over the years. Over the past se...More

Helpful Tips

Smoking Pot Decreases Neuropathic Pain
A new Canadian research study reports that smoking high-THC cannabis reduces neuropathic pain. This recently-published report in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.