Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I have rsd/crps both terms are used 7.5 yrs now
babyred1975 posted:
hi, usually I just read at sites ,sometimes I see new tx's or meds, I was an rn for 18yrs when this happened ,had bilat knee replacements rt side great ,left side RSD ,I had never heard of rsd nor had a pt with this,after 6 months working with ortho,went to num 1 knee guy in state to get answers ,got it ! RSD,after lots of research,went to pain clinic ,2 blocks 1st 2and 1/2 days "thought I was cured " got slamed ,2nd 7 hrs at 50 %,done ,on 2nd block med shot out of tract hit scatic nerve and that has been humming ever tock and lt legsince ,so left hip/buttock and lt leg all the way to foot involved,temp /coldness of ft ,edema if leg down,pain increasing any walking use cane /hoveround/ etc to do what I can ,no matter what time is so limited ,I still havent excepted going from 100 miles per hr to 5 miles per hour ,have been on so many pain meds,keep changing to trick body ,do use fent patch 100 mcg q3days, just off opana " not availible " not sure what thats going to mean for lots of us ,started dalauid today 4mg up to 6 times a day, also neuro {I call it zinging } drives me crazy lol ,meds for se of other meds. I am concidering scs finally I need more time ! trail I think will be in july,and Im scared , I know infection rates ,failure rates ,effects on knee implants if infection occurs ,in spite of all that Im going to try ,never below a5 on pain scale in 7 yrs , it grinds a person for sure and Im an eternal optimist ! Ketemine out for me ! so say a prayer for me ! babyred

Spotlight: Member Stories

Since my onset of chronic pain, just 4 years ago, I have experienced the selflessness of family, the kindness of many healthcare professionals, the tr...More

Helpful Tips

Smoking Pot Decreases Neuropathic Pain
A new Canadian research study reports that smoking high-THC cannabis reduces neuropathic pain. This recently-published report in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.