Skip to content
Chest pain when waking up
havoc1482 posted:
Hello, I am 18 years old. About 7 months ago I was in a traumatic car accident when I was diagnosed with musculo-skeletal trauma, concussion, ect. Ever since that accident I wake up every morning with pain in the left side of my chest. I feels like its just below the surface, but I know its not my heart, because its not a pulsating pain. Its an achy pain that is made worse by taking a deep breath. I have not seen a doctor about it yet and the pain has not gotten any worse or any better since then, its always the same.

bren_bren responded:
You may have costochondritus. It's inflammation of the cartilage (soft tissues) in the chest area. Do you sleep on your stomach? I have had it before & it's quite painful. That is what comes to my mind, anyways. You should see a physician because it is impossible to diagnose yourself, nor should you seek a diagnosis over the Internet. In the meantime, look it up & see if you think you have symptoms relative to costo. and maybe Advil (anti-inflammatories) will help. Of course a doctors opinion is what should bear the most weight. Feel better, B

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be a happy single work a holic mom that literally had no life away from my insatiable desire to move up , do well and be the best at my job....More

Helpful Tips

Holistic Pain Management Help
Hello Everyone - I understand how frustrating and even depressing it can be to be in chronic pain. I also understand how daunting it can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful