Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Muscular Pain
An_248587 posted:
I have been having total body muscular pain that has been increasing in severity the last couple of years. I thought it might be associated with my thyroid goiter, but all tests have returned negative. It is now so severe that by midday I can barely stoop down or use my hands to pick things up. Once I lie down for the day, I almost have to crawl to the bathroom. Lupus tests came back negative, as well as tests for arthritis. The doctor said my joints are in fantastic shape for my age. In the past he tried an antibiotic steroid that alleviated the problem for a while. He said that indicated some type of infection, but it is unknown what it would be. I thought maybe lyme disease since I had a tick attached to my head before this all started, but he said that he didn't want to test for that because the test is too inaccurate and he didn't believe that is the problem. I don't sleep well because of the aches and Ibuprophen no longer helps. Any suggestions would be welcome.

An_250851 responded:
Have you looked into fibromyalgia at all? I have been dealing with muscular and joint pain for 3 months and my Dr is so slow to figure it out. Also, consider a naturopath who is more in tune with your needs.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be a happy single work a holic mom that literally had no life away from my insatiable desire to move up , do well and be the best at my job....More

Helpful Tips

Smoking Pot Decreases Neuropathic Pain
A new Canadian research study reports that smoking high-THC cannabis reduces neuropathic pain. This recently-published report in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.