Skip to content
Severe Joint Pain and Negative tests :(
Lawoman252 posted:
Hi all....I and 32 years old have been having severe pain for about 8 months now. It started in my knee which has always hurt me for years and slowly moved into my inner hip. I have problems walking on my left leg because of this. I have also developed in the past 4 months, severe neck, ankle, wrist and shoulder pain and stiffness asymmetrically on my body. The pain is mainly in the joint and feels like a severe ache radiating in the bone. The joints click and clack together and make grinding sounds whenever I move them. I am also getting really bad sinus type headaches and severe fatigue. The fatigue is so bad that I can barely wake up in the morning and stay awake through the day. I feel drowsy all day long and can barely get things done around the house.

I went to the doctor two weeks ago and he sent me to a Rhematologist. She assessed me and did not see any visible swelling or redness in my joints. She did diagnose me with having hyper mobile joints that bend a little funny. She sent me for blood work to check my thyroid, RA factor, ANA and lyme. She also did a full CBC. I was put on Medrol dose pack to help with the pain and it really helped dramatically. For 3 days while taking it I had more energy, didn't need to nap and the pain in my joints felt a lot better.

I also went to see an orthopedic surgeon who took X-rays of my hip and knee. He did not see any visible issues and thought the Rhematologist would of found something out instead. Well I met with the Rhematologist yesterday and she told me all my blood work was completely negative and nothing was wrong. I told her the pain had come back full force since being off of the Medrol and she said I was OK and didn't have Lupus, RA or thyroid issues and that my main problem was Fibromyaligia. She didn't give me any meds to help and told me I needed to see a Psychiatrist for possible depression. I am not depressed, I am in pain all the time and can barely take care of myself and my son. At this point I am going back to see my regular doctor and find out what is going on with me. I am not having pain in my muscles so I have no clue how it could be Fibromylagia. Has anyone had similar issues like this? It's slowly taking over my life and the pain is so unbearable.

Also, I am on Norvasc for Hypertension. I also take Xanax and Celexa for anxiety I had years ago that is now controlled.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My pain originates from a sled riding incident many years ago when I was in college that has continually gotten worse over the years. Over the past se...More

Helpful Tips

Holistic Pain Management Help
Hello Everyone - I understand how frustrating and even depressing it can be to be in chronic pain. I also understand how daunting it can be ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful