Skip to content
Back / Hip Pain
klav99 posted:
I was hoping someone could help! I am a 35 Year Old Female. For about 2 and a half years now, I have been having pain in my lower back and hio. My ortho sent me for an MRI and he said I had Spondylolisthesis. He treated it with Physical Therapy (which didn't work) and with Pain meds. He retired about a year and a half ago and I can't find someone who will treat me because its a "Chronic Condition. I was finally sent to a pain clinic. The Dr there wants me to have Facet injections and I am so afraid to try that. I have had some cortisone injections that have done nothing. I went back to my Family Practitioner who said it sounds like I could also have a touch of arthritis in my back and hips so she set up an appt for me to see a rhrumatologist. Anyone experience anything like this? It no that I want pain meds but that seems like the only thing that helped. I am in so much pain! When I did have the pain meds I would only take 1/2 a pill at a time instead of a whole one that was prescribed. I haven't asked any Dr for them because they make you feel like your a drug addict! lol Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristen

nononsenselady responded:
Hi Kristen,

I know exactly what you are saying. It is basically "pas the patient around". I have had sever back pain and sciatica. I finally gave up exercise, long walks and cleaning my house. I love all 3 of them. I feel better but if I do anything, like walk to much or lift anything it comes back. I would not be afraid to the medicine. I am up to 1 1/2 pills now, but I only do that 2 times a day. If you are a person that develops an addiction easily then you may have concern otherwise I think you can control it. You have to do what enables you to get through life. Physical therapy has never helped me and I have always done it consistantly an exacty what they recommended to me. I have done it for headaches and my back of neither helped. Another site I am on highly recommends acupuncture. You might try it. Good luck
Laura

Frandle responded:
Hi,
I've just joined, so I may be a little late in this topic. But assume not too much, since it's still posted on webmd.
I TOTALLY get what you are saying. I am 37yrs old, and have had the EXACT same problems you are for over 15yrs. Down to the Doctors. I have found NO pain relief what so ever. Every time I go to a doctor, I get looked at as if I'm complaining. I have applied for Soc. Sec Disability and of course was denied-mostly, cuz they feel I can still work (keep in mind, only "I" know my body, but whatever. Atop that, i was told I was too young. So, gosh, there's something I didn't already know). I am still trying to figure out what to do. I've had a lower back fusion in 97'. Did no good. I've got type/grade 2 Spondylolthesis of lower spine, Degenerative Disc Disease, some "medical term" of Stenosis, Depression (and they wonder why), daily headaches due to neck problems, and I believe because of my current physical problems I have now developed problems with my knees, ankels and feet. My feet have ALWAYS been a problem, but of course Dr.'s don't see a darn thing wrong. YET, I don't get answers as to WHAT is causing my limitations??? Hmmm.... I have had a VERY difficult time estaining a job or finding one. I just can't keep up with the job requirements.
I know this may not help with your situation; cuz I haven't found much for answers either. Just know, you're not alone.
I've had the facet injections done-did NOTHING for me. I've had 3 types done. Also did the physical therapy, I too have a hard time walking, let alone physical therapy. I hurt so much daily. I have all the possible scans done; MRI, Bone Scan, X-Rays, etc etc. I've been put on pain meds; but as a single mother, I can NOT have a med knocking me out. I need to function. I've tried suggesting getting on Celebrex for joint pain-but was denied due to insurance. Which is dumb.
Good luck, and I hope we can help each other. Because I have found NO ONE else, with identical pain locations as I.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Frandle replied to nononsenselady's response:
Hi, I replied to klav99's post. I have lower back/hip/foot pain, amongst other things. I am 37yrs old. Female.
I've got type 2 spondylolthesis, some sort of stenosis, daily headaches, ankel and foot pain, etc. You mentioned accupuncture. I've been seeing my chiropractor constantly, although it helps with the adjustments, I still battle daily pain. I've tried/currently doing accupuncture. I don't feel its working, but to each person it may work differently. So, hopefully you will have better luck with it, than I. I've been doing it atleast 1x/wk for nearly a year. Some weeks off, do to financial situations.
My opinion: if a person has had physical pain for many years, it's going to take many years of accupuncture to feel results. With all the UNluck that i've had with medicines, dr's and treatments....I don't feel confident in anything that may work. Know what I mean?
I hope you find help. Chronic Pain is taken WAY TOO lightly with Medical so-called experts.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dave. I am 53 years old, married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 22 years now, and have two great sons ages 18 and 20. We live...More

Helpful Tips

Tips/Resources/Discussions/What's Happening Now
I would like to point out AS A TIP that the new layout that WebMD has adopted can become confusing, but keep coming back and check ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.