Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
can't take the pain much longer.
misscarriea7x posted:
for the last 9 months.. theres been a pain in both of my feet that i cant even begin to describe. It aches and burns and stings so bad. It has been getting even worse over the last month. The pain is worse in the mornings and when i stay off of my feet after awhile. I can barely walk now.. and the pain is getting so bad i feel sick to my stomach. I dont have insurance and dont even know where to begin getting help for this situation. I am pretty sure I have Plantar Fasciitis... though i hate self diagnosing.. but it fits everything thats wrong with me to a T. Anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions for help? Tylenol, aleve, advil, etc does NOT help at all. I am begging for advice....

An_243299 responded:
Dear Miss Carrie: I may sound stupid, but have you seen a podiatrist? Have you beeen tested for diabetes? I sincerely hope you get help.. God Bless

finn2 responded:
I've had plantar fasciitis in both feet, at different times and it was fixed by having the plantar tendon cut which is a simple little snip through a 1/4" slit in the bottom of your foot, then you stay off it for awhile so it heals right. The pain is in the heel and you can't put weight on your heel, mine hurt whenever I walked, I had to walk on my toes, heel off the ground and it was worse upon arising in the morning or any sitting. That didn't cause burning and stinging in itself, but one foot also had a nerve problem in the inside ankle that was stinging and zaps of pain and he fixed that at the same time he fixed my plantar fasciitis, he cleaned out around the nerves, that was carpal tunnel but in the ankle was not called carpal but something else tunnel, dorsal comes to mind. You need to see a foot doctor though to find out if you have these things, they try other options before surgery but for me nothing worked and the surgery was pretty simple and worked forever, it's been over 5 and 10 years for both foot surgeries and no heel pain since then. I have overall chronic pain and the only thing that never hurts are my heels, lol, seriously.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI, MY NAME IS CINDY AND I AM 55 YEARS OLD. SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH BACK AND LEG PAIN. IN 1999, I UNDERWENT MY 7th SPINAL SURGERY....More

Helpful Tips

Study Shows Chronic Back Pain Erodes Concentration, Memory
Recent research observes that people living with persistent spinal pain experience difficulties with mental concentration and remembering ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.