Skip to content
Lower leg pain
czygine posted:
I am the primary caregiver to my 88 yr. old dad. He is doing really well but suffers from lower leg pain. He says that it is an extreme "tiredness" type of pain but sometimes he has to sit down or he will fall down. He is a smoker and has been smoking for 80 yrs. I have been trying to tell him to quit smoking and the pain an walking would probably improve. Am I right? He did quit for a whole month with no improvement so he is smoking again. After 80 yrs. of smoking, would quitting so anything to help him? I should add that he is a very religious "mall walker" and has been walking everyday (unless he is sick) for over 12 yrs. He also works in his workshop making cat scratching posts to sell at various farmers markets. . . . so he is still pretty active. Does anyone have any advice?

AntonioPablo responded:
HI czygine,

88 years a long period, especially to smoke. there is no any time to quit a non-profitable habit.

And about leg pain, at this age, bone starts losing it;s health, and triggers several types of pains, so its better to make bone healthy as earlier so it naturally fight with that pains and all.

you can give your father a bone health supplement, which will encourage a bones over all health.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI, MY NAME IS CINDY AND I AM 55 YEARS OLD. SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH BACK AND LEG PAIN. IN 1999, I UNDERWENT MY 7th SPINAL SURGERY....More

Helpful Tips

Naloxone ?Reboots? Opioid Pain-Relief System
Research has suggested potential benefits of using low-doses of the opioid antagonist naloxone to "reboot" the body's natural ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.