Skip to content
False negative urine screen for Norco
sherri3171957 posted:
I have had the same thing happen to me regarding the urine screen for Norco in my system came back negative. There is no way that it should have came back that way. I take 7.5 mg 3 times a day. On the morning of the test I didn't take one of my pills due to my not eating first. I am up going to bathroom almost every 2 hours. Have been doing that for about 3 months now. It use to be just a couple of times a night. I also drank 3 or 4 cups of coffee that morning before I went to see the doctor. I'm not sure if this is the reason it would come up negative or if as the lady found out in her case that the urine screen lab was faulty? I am very upset that they think I am not taking my pills. I have a partial knee replacement, back problems from osteoarthritis and my work has me lifting heavy mop buckets, sweeping and mopping. The only thing that keeps me to where I can work is taking the Norco. When I talked to the doctor's nurse for the 2nd time today she told me she knew I was not one to call in early to get my prescription and had never said I lost my pills. I told her I would do a blood test or hair test to prove that I do take the pills. I am not trusting the urine tests now that I have failed mine and seen all the other people that have had same thing happen to them. It makes you feel like you are a drug dealer in the eyes of your own doctor. I am copying everything I can get my hands on and going to my doctor in person to talk to her. If I have to pay for an appointment ...it will be well worth it. If anyone has any ideas for where else I can go to get more information on the false urine screens..please let me know. Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Since my onset of chronic pain, just 4 years ago, I have experienced the selflessness of family, the kindness of many healthcare professionals, the tr...More

Helpful Tips

Naloxone ?Reboots? Opioid Pain-Relief System
Research has suggested potential benefits of using low-doses of the opioid antagonist naloxone to "reboot" the body's natural ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.