Skip to content
RE: Have Chronic Pain and just had a TIA (mini-stroke)
meaningfulc1952 posted:
I have had chronic pain for many, many years now. Headaches, neck disk problems and jaw pain.

About 2 weeks ago I started having part of both hands going numb. This was a different feeling than carpel tunnel. I also had these stabbing headaches but they only lasted a few seconds or minutes and none of my headache meds were helping with that.

The day that my friend came over in the morning I was walking like I was drunk and lost my balance. I have a pain mgt. dr. and a neurologist so this was a very new problem.

I asked my friend to take me to the closest hospital and finally was admitted and told by the ER dr. that I had a mini-stroke. The real term that is used is TIA and that means Transient Ischemic Attack.

Prior to that happening all was going fairly well with my regular pain meds etc.

Since I have jaw joint replacement with metal in my head on both sides they could not do an MRI. The CT scans that they did show something by my neck area that was not normal.

If you patients that have chronic pain and all of a sudden get some really strange things like I mentioned, please do not wait. Get to the ER asap. This has been a real "eye opener" for me. I still have trouble walking normally because my balance is way messed up. The other side effects of this TIA is that I do not remember many things that I do or say and then I keep asking my husband "did I tell you this" and of course I did, but I do not remember.

Well, that's all I wanted to let you know. Be careful all of you that have pain or have chronic pain.
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a married 43yr. old mother of 4, gramma of 5, living in Wash. state. I am pretty tired of the pain management game, and each new doctor tends to ...More

Helpful Tips

Cervical disc herniated disc do not need to go to the hospital
Herniated disc, cervical disc without having to go to the hospital themselves, without the side effects can be treated. This, I would ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.