Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Totally OT and possible Triggs
MontanaMama2009 posted:
So most of you know that I'm a court stenographer. I used to work in the mainstream courts -- criminal/family/juvenile -- but it just got to be too overwhelming and was so sad!

So now I work strictly on the workers' comp side of things. Sure, it's sad to deal with injuries, but they're all adults.

So my friend who is a court stenographer called after the day was let out of a HUGE incest case. The trial has been ongoing for over a week now. Today, though, the children testified. She said it was just one of the most difficult things to sit through, the 14yos and the 7yod testifying against their father.

My friend is so distraught that she's actually crying.

I'll tell ya, there must be a special hell for people who hurt children.

Sorry, just had to vent.

leftcoastgirl responded:
Ugh - what an AWFUL thing! Can't even imagine. I'll hug my LO extra tight tonight and remember how thankful I am that she's safe, happy and healthy.

tamliz08 responded:
That IS sad. A few years ago I took a business law class, and for one of our assignments we had to sit through an actual trial. I got so lost at the courthouse, I just started opening random doors to find a trial. Well, I ended up in one where a very young girl was raped by an older man. I walked in while she was testifying, so of course could not be disruptive again and walk out. It was the most horrible thing I've ever listened to in my life. I just sat there hoping no one would notice the tears running down my face. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to hurt a child like that.

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
It is so hard as mothers now to hear about children suffering in any way because as mothers we do everything we possibly can to keep them safe! Im so sorry for your friend, Im sorry for lots of people including you who have to see these things everyday. nIts truly heartbreaking...

alliegirl77 responded:
that would be horribly hard. I am so sorry your friend is going through this.

My sister had a home a few years ago. They were contacted by the lawyers in a trial b/c they had to come take pictures of the rooms where the children who lived there previously had been molested before the trial where the kids would testify. My sister never was able to view her home the same. They did end up moving. How horrible.

I agree that people who harm children surely are handled differently on their day of judgement. Sad.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a first time mom! I love being a mom. I'm married to my best friend and high school/college sweetheart.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.