Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

So sad...I leave Sunday
daisy729 posted:
So, my business trip starts Sunday morning, and I will be back late Wednesday. I am going to miss Dane terribly. But, what I feel most bad about is leaving him, I know he is going to miss me, and I feel bad doing that to him I know he's in good hands, DH has the week off, and his mom and sister are coming out tomorrow. Plus my mom is just down the street, so I'm thankful I don't have to worry about that. But, it's just not the same, I won't be giving him his bath at night, I won't be chasing him around the house making him laugh.

I also know this was the right thing for me to do, I'm going to a training class, so this just boosts my resume. The person above me is finishing up her degree and leaving, so I'm taking her place, so I need the training.

So, my head knows I need to go, but my heart is still aching. And I know Dane knows something is up. He never cries when I leave in the morning. Usually he's waving bye bye to me and walks me to the door. But, this morning it was just big ol crocodile tears. I heard him stop as soon as I closed the door, but come on kid, today...of ALL days to do that. UGH.

MontanaMama2009 responded:
I travel for my job, and yes, it does stink to leave Neathery at home...and even my older kids, for that matter.

things won't be done the way you would do them, and Dane will miss you. But he will be in good hands and will be just fine.

Working mommies who travel away from their LOs face such excrutiating agony.

It DOES get easier, really. But the first few trips are killers on the ol' heart strings.

You can do it! Just think of your goal...

miob responded:
I'm preparing for this in May - the first time I've ever left DS overnight. It's for a work conference. I'm hoping you come back and tell me that things went great, Dane and your DH were able to bond while you were away and Dane had the time of his life! (Which I have no doubt will be the end result! It's just that mother's guilt that hits us at times like this!!!).

leftcoastgirl responded:
I feel your pain! I have a business trip coming up from Monday through Wednesday, and I'm bringing LO and my mom along with me. For now, I'm going to continue doing that as much as I can. Although, I have another trip next month that's just an overnight - it's too short for me to bring LO with me, so she'll be home with DH.

Good luck - I hope the time goes by quickly!!

sarahann1978 responded:
I am also preparing for a work related trip in May. Mine is actually a camping trip and there is no cell phone reception, so I won't even be able to check in.

I know it is hard for us, but I like to think of my brothers' kids. For the one who is married, his wife was a SAHM and almost never left them. When it came time for them to go to "sleep overs" they freaked out and were sad and scared to be away from their Mom and on a couple of occasions my brother went to pick them up frantic in the middle of the night. My other brother who is single often leaves his kids with my Mom or other child care when he travels for work and they have no problem with sleep overs or being away from their Dad.

almostthere2317 responded:
I know it must be hard. I haven't left Carley at all yet and I actually have an interview this coming Monday for a position about an hour away. I'm really on the fence because it is really what I want to do but is it worth it when I have her 15 minutes away where I'm at now plus finding out another one is on the way I'm panicking and can't get my head on right..

We all know in our hearts that our kids will miss us but will be even happier to see us when we get back. Remember that! Good luck. It will definitely be a resume booster..
Who would have thought this working mom thing would be this hard!

daisy729 responded:
THank you ladies, I know a lot of you on here travel for work, so I knew you would understand.

I absolutely love my job, and I do work an hour away from home. I think the reason I am able to stay sane is that either DH or my mom is watching Dane, so I never have to worry about him. I am actually excited to go to the training, I think I will learn a lot of cool stuff. Plus, I'll be around other people who do my job, so we can exchange cool tricks and tips.

Luckily, I don't have to travel often. The last time I went to a training out of town was 2001. I am sure I will enjoy my time, but my heart will ache for my Dane kisses and hugs, his laugh, him taunting me to chase him, watching him sleep...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full-time mother, wife and worker. I have beautiful one year old daughter and an awesome husband. This is our first and only child for now. We ...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.