Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Pajamas vs Sleep Sack?
bellacullen posted:
Hi all,

DS generally sleeps in a onesie and a sleep sack. We'd like to transition him out of the sleep sack but are apprehensive about blankets and so forth. What do your LOs wear to bed? Do you have blankets or sheets? (We live in a very warm part of the country, so we don't need heavy bedding.)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachbug8 responded:
I've never used a sleep sack. In the colder months - all 2 of them we have in Mississippi :pbpt: - LO wears fleece sleepers (the footie kind). The rest of the year, LO wears basic PJs. The ones he's wearing now are some cheapo Gerber PJs - cotton pants and a long sleeve shirt. They're almost like long johns, but without the underwear styling. During the really hot parts of the year, LO will just wear a onesie. He is a pretty cold-natured kid, though, so YMMV depending on AC preferences and house insulation. He does not use a blanket yet. DS always slept with a light blanket, but LO hates them.

bravefan76 responded:
Colton still wears his sleep sack. We live in FL so it gets a little cold in the winter. He wears footed or non-footed PJs with his sleep sack. There is a blanket in his crib, but he doesn't use it. He moves around WAY TOO MUCH!!! During the summer he will sleep in a onesie and his cotton sleep sack.

jlcohen78 responded:
DD wears regular pjs. In the winter, she wears one-piece footed pjs. In warmer weather, I put her in those 2 piece sets by carters with the onesie and pants/shorts. No blanket for her yet. Just the fitted sheet.

linzuh04 responded:
DS sleeps in either footed PJs or 2 piece PJs. He has 2 blankets in his bed.

MIOB responded:
Footed PJs and 2 blankets - that way, when I go in to check on him and he's laying on one, I can always cover him with the other!

kristinrayerootes responded:
Macie sleeps in any type of pajamas. She has a blanket in her crib, but it doesn't always stay on her. We live in Minnesota. She never seems to complain about the cold. I stopped using the sleep sacks once she became mobile. I feel like it would be very frustrating to be in one and try to move. Also, I feel like it would be way too small now since the ones we have went up to 9 months.

Silver623 responded:
DD sleeps in a onesie and footed fleece pajamas and we are in upstate NY. We had snow this morning, by the way! Anyway, she seems to run warm so I don't worry about her being cold. DS just stopped sleeping in the footed ones this winter, in our attempt to make PTing easier...no zippers....I got him a bunch of fleecy two piece sets that he loves and some Elmo slippers.

KatieS83 responded:
we only used a sleep sack until DS was about 9 months, hes always had blankets in his bed. I was tired of being woken up at 1am because DS wanted to move around and couldnt in the sleep sack. He usually sleeps in footy Pajamas. If not those then a pair of sweat pants and a shirt.

cduffy responded:
Our DD went from swaddling 0- 3 mos, to a sleep sack from 3-12 mos, and now she uses footy jammies and a blanket from 12 - 18 mos. We're going to have to get her some summer jammies soon, but I'll still give her a blanket. We live in CO, though, so lots of cold nights outside of summer.

roni090909 responded:
Tyler either sleeps in regular PJs or the footed PJs. During the summer he sleeps in a onsie. He has two blankets in his crib that he cuddles with. I stopped swaddling at 4 months when he learned to rollover in it. I never used sleep sacks. I as reading something the other day that said not to use those when they can walk.

lenono97 responded:
We live in MN. It's cold! My daughter sleeps in footed pajama's and a sleep sack. She doesn't have any problems moving around in it. I plan on keeping her in the sleep sack until it gets warmer. So probably another couple of months. I am not sure how she would do with just a blanket. She moves around a lot in her crib. So I figure by the time it's warm enough to not need the warmth of the sleep sack she will be older and I may be more comfortable with a blanket.

Expecting_26 responded:
95% of the time Lilly has footie pj's on, we have never used a sack. We heavy ones and regular light ones. She has always had a blanket in bed with her, when she was really little I gave her a croched blanket with lots of holes in it, just in case she put it over her face. When it's really cold I put on leggings and socks on under her footie pj's.

bravefan76 replied to roni090909's response:
I could see how that might be a problem. Colton gets his on right before he goes to bed and when I get him up in the mornings, I take it right off. He doesn't really even stand up in his crib very much. I really liked them after I stopped swaddling him.

Momma2Ethan responded:
We live in MS also so it's warm if not HOT most of the time. Ethan has slept in a tshirt, diaper and socks since he was 13 months. No pants except on extremely cold nights (vary rare). He sleeps with blankets and usually kicks them off. He is very hot natured like me :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.