Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1st day of daycare..
MISSBUBBLEYAJG posted:
Today is Celestes first day of daycare. It was a rough start to say the least. First off I woke up late like 8:03 am late! Ugh...so I got ready got Celeste ready and off we went. I forgot her sippy cup so I had to make an extra stop for one then finally got to the daycare. I was tearing up when taking her out of her stroller then handing her over to the lady. She didnt really cry she just looked nervous, I left and was balling. Just thinking about is making me want to cry right now. Its just so overwhelming, I didnt think it would be this hard. Although Im sure she is fine, I need to be reassured. I feel so out of control and I hate that feeling, knowing I wont be there to kiss her boo boos or to pick her up or feed her. I feel like a big wimpy mom!! Seriously I hope this day doesn't drag!!

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
On a good note though, their paperwork had a typo because she is allowed her pacifier! Yay...lol

MontanaMama2009 responded:
the hardest part is OVER, Angie!!!!! You're a brave mommy.

There will be some transition time for you both, absolutely. But you will both adjust in short time.

Have a GREAT day at work!!!!!

mel07430 responded:
The first day is definately the hardest. Dont be afraid to call and check in on her. I called alot that first week or so. Then you will become comfortable it and it becomes easier and easeir.
Hang in there!! You are doing great!!!!

kristinrayerootes responded:
Yay on the paci and that you were able to get her started! I bet she is playing just fine right now! IF she had a rough day today, don't get too concerned. Often times they have a hard time the first few days. Pretty soon though, it will be routine. She will have her little friends and will excited to go play with them. I am very happy for you that this is working out!

roni090909 responded:
The first day is the worst. I think I called 3 or 4 times that day to check on Tyler. I am sure she is doing great though and she will be super excited to see you when you pick her up. I always loved picking Tyler up.

DDK2005 responded:
You got through the 1st day - YEAH!! When you walk in & see her big grin when she see's you, your heart will melt...once you see how much fun she's having with the other kids you'll realize its harder on you then her...I hope today is going quickly for you.... HUGS!!!

leftcoastgirl responded:
Good luck getting through the first day! I'm sure it will get easier!!

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
Thanks for the reassurance ladies!! I just called and they said she did cry for awhile and she didnt really eat much lunch, but right now she is "ok" and laying down on her mat with her paci. I just want to get this day over with and get her to reassure her that this will be okay..Oh she is going to be so mad at me when she sees me today lol Oh I sure hope this gets easier...

bellacullen responded:
I just wanted to chime in and say it will be okay! I felt exactly the same way when DS went to daycare (8 months ago). Now he sees the lady who runs the infant room and squirms to get out of our arms and into hers! They love him there, and though I am sad when I hear about things he does without us (he did an Easter egg hunt yesterday...I would love to have seen it), I know that he's learning things he couldn't if he were home with just us. Hang in there!

Faith_after_journey responded:
Hang in there. DS started at his school 13 months ago when he was 3 months old. He liked it then and he loves it know. When we get dresse he will ask him where are we doing he he will say "skool" Yesterday DH had to take him in a little late because of getting his ears checked after a ear infection. His class had already finished their egg hunt. The class next door was still hunting though, so they let him join them. Daddy stayed to help/watch, but DS just went right for those eggs and brought them right to Daddy so proud! First time and he knew what to do. They love DS at "skool" and he loves it there too. I generally drop in off in the morning and spend a little time with him there (that is apart of my quality time every day as I get home late). When DH does have to drop him off and does try to do the drop and run, it does not work so well, and the teacher has to remind him that "Mommy stay with him for a minute and read a book or looks at all of his classwork around the room, then he lets her leave." When DH does that DS is always fine.
You and DD will get into a good rountine of day care and will soon both love it! Good luck!

ad1978 replied to MISSBUBBLEYAJG's response:
how was everything when you picked her up after work yesterday? I remember crying in the parking lot the 1st time I dropped LO off at daycare, but it got much better :0)

MISSBUBBLEYAJG replied to ad1978's response:
Thank you for asking!! It was so sad I walked in and she was sitting at the little table with such a sad look on her face. I mean I was tearing up as soon as I saw her and when I called her name and she saw me she started bawling.. Oh I just hope she gets used to this very soon because I dont know much more crying I can do. I keep telling myself this will get better..my poor baby.

kristinmarie722 responded:
Suggestion:

When you drop off your DD try to be really happy and excited about her being there. That way she doesn't pick up on your feelings and feel sad too. If she sees you getting excited about it, she may get excited too.
In time she will get used to going to daycare. And think of the benefits, you are giving her a stable routine, for while you are at work, making a living. Plus she will grow so much as a person and learn so many things.
Good luck!

Jennax907 responded:
So if you're a big wimpy mom, I'm an even bigger wimp because my DS has been going to day care for the past 3 months and he still cries every time I drop him off. When i hand him over to the day care provider he reaches for me and says mama, mama, mama. If I don't leave at that instant tears start streaming down my face. I understand it's great to socialize them early on, but I really didn't think leaving my child would be this hard. Wish i could be a SAHM.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Emma I'm 28 yrs old.1rst time mommy to Madison.Married to Andrew who is 33.I stay home right now with Madison until she turns 2.Then I ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.