Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

BF question-URGENT
sheekstarr posted:
Ok this may be very stupid but I was thinking and Im real curious. I had my tubes tied right.. and after that my milk kinda just dried up. Ive never been able to pump so I couldnt try to pump some out to get things moving again so I just gave up and did the formula thing with natty. Now shes 5 months old on the 8th and I really really wanna BF her again for a little bit. Maybe till 10 months old or so. For one I miss it, two I just feel horrible that I had to stop, and 3, I know its good for her. Now I had the surgery in Dec so I havent BF since then. thats like.. 2-3 months ago. Can I get myself to relactate? I really really wanna start it up again. Is it possible?? How? Help!

roni090909 responded:
You might be able to with Reglan. I know they give it to adoptive moms that want to BF their LOs. I know Reglan is commonly given to increase supply. GL I hope it works out for you.

Just for curiousity have you tried to pump just to see if anything would come out?

sheekstarr replied to roni090909's response:
I tried pumping while I was actively BF Natalie and it didnt work for me. I hand expressed when I was full and she wasnt hungry. I just tried to hand express and nothing came out.

mommyof12b2 responded:
I found this article. See if it helps.
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

cduffy responded:
I was going to suggest that kellymom article too. I know it's possible, but very, very hard.

KCAimee responded:
I also found this:

http://idahopublichealth.com/wic/files/relactation.pdf

http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/html/Relactation.shtml

I agree about Reglan. You might call your OB and see if you can get a prescription. With Madison I had to EP and my supply dropped when she was a few months old so I took reglan and it REALLY got the milk flowing.

Good luck sweetie. I hope it works for you.

Kimjj514 replied to KCAimee's response:
yes, it's definitely possible. However, the best way to do it would be to just put her to the breast and let her nurse. I would suggest Domperidone over Reglan. Domperidone is not available in the US, however, you can order it through online pharmacies from other countries without needing a prescription. I got mine from Inhouse Pharmacy. Also, you can try taking various herbal supplements such as Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is jasmine im married and have a 14 month old daughter :) we live in oklahoma city,oklahoma.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.