Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

So Sad...
mtnwolf posted:
Well, it looks like we're weaned! LO will be 22 months next Wednesday!! It's a bittersweet ending - It's time and I think we both were ready, but it's hard to believe it's over. We went through a lot in the beginning with her being in the NICU for 3 weeks, but we made it work. I'm so thankful I was able to provide for her for so long.

To those who are nursing - keep up the good work!

Just thought I'd share! Have a wonderful day!

jlcohen78 responded:
That is something to be proud of! Congrats!

Thank you for the encouraging words! We're still hanging in there at 18 months!

wxbuny responded:
aww, I envy you (in a good way) Nursing to 22 months is amazing, I had planned on allowing DD to tell me when she was done but I thought that wold be somewhere around her age now, not at 12.5 months. My pregnancy definitely changed her mind on my milk! I hope this time I will be able to nurse longer, people like you are my heros! lol!

MontanaMama2009 responded:
Hi, Lisa!

It's IS bittersweet to end the nursing. You are blessed to have nursed for 22 months. Way to Go!

mommyof12b2 responded:
Congrats! Way to go! I nursed my DS until he was 22 months as well. I remember him asking me one time to nurse after we stopped and I told him the milk was all gone, he replied "Can we pour the milk from my cup in there!!"
My DD is now 18 months old and we are still going strong.

mtnwolf responded:
Thanks girls!

KCAimee replied to mtnwolf's response:
That is awesome Lisa! When we weaned at 14 mo it was definitely bittersweet. I was glad to be done but truly missed that one on one snuggling time with Hayden.

Congrats on making it 22 mo and succeeding through a 3 week NICU stay. That is amazing!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in Iowa with my wonderful husband and 1 year old daughter, Leah, who was born on 7/08/09. When my daughter was 6 months old, I decided to becom...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.