Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Getting to Know You Poll (APO 18 - 24 month board)
MontanaMama2009 posted:
Can you tell I don't have a single hearing today at work to keep me occupied? LOL

Anyhow, copy and paste, and fill in your own answers to the following:

1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? the hugs and kisses, the pictures of stick figures holding hands, time spent together making memories

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Up at nights when I should be sleeping

3. How many children do you have? Three

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? I like to read or go for a hike, I enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings and/or a hot bubble bath

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Not enough! Probably once a month.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Ford Expedition SUV

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Comfy Skechers

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Prayer

9. What's your favorite type of music? 1940s country? Merl Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson

10. Are your nails polished today? No but they're clean and trimmed

11. What's your favorite room in the house? My livingroom

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Sundays

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. Holding a 3 month old in church during quiet prayer time...and she loads her britches really LOUDLY!

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? neither. Somewhere in between

15. Your dream come true? Being a mother.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

stephs_3_kidz responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? definitely watching my children grow and become little people with their own personalities...it's so FUN!!
2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? When they are all sick.
3. How many children do you have? 4
4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? I enjoy hot bubble baths. That's about it. LOL 5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? 3-4 times a month.
6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2006 Ford Freestyle Limited (crossover SUV)

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? I'm barefoot.
8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? "Oy..who's going to clean up that mess?" LOL
9. What's your favorite type of music? Gospel and country.
10. Are your nails polished today? Nope.
11. What's your favorite room in the house? Master bath.

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Sundays--DH is home!

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. We were always telling DD1, "Oooh, we have to change your diaper, your butt stinks!" So we were out to eat one day and she was about 1 1/2 and she looked at the waitress and said, "Maybe your butt stinks!" OMG....LOL.
14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? I agree..somewhere in between.
15. Your dream come true? Being married to DH and having our wonderful children, and making a home of our own.

wilburlbh responded:
ohhh funN!

1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? the feeling i get when ds learns something new that ive taught him & knowing he will use it for the rest of his life. & the kisses & hugs!

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? when he gets hurt or sick :(

3. How many children do you have? 1 son(2 in july) & expecting one to arrive in 7 days(a girl)!

4. How do you make time for yourself? oh, i dont really..i dont even shower by myself :/

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? once in a blue moon.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2006 300

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? skin..LOL

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? FOOOOOD!

9. What's your favorite type of music? anything really.

10. Are your nails polished today? nope. my toes are done though.

11. What's your favorite room in the house? toss up between kitchen & bedroom!

12. What's your favorite day of the week? sunday.

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. holding ds when he was smaller, lifted him up to had him to daddy & had a big poop shot on my pants from him! LOL

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? both!

15. Your dream come true? being a wife & mother!

DDK2005 responded:
Keep it up AD1978 - I'm enjoying your posts today!!

1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? Is watching my DD & DH interact. i can sit forever and watch them play and giggle - It puls at my heart everytime!

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? yeah the whole 'not sure if Im going to get a full night's sleep" thing...uuugh!!

3. How many children do you have? Only 1 now, but if God will bless me again I would be extremely happy!

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? I go for a mani/pedi, or take a walk in the park or just go for a drive - ALONE :)

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Definately not enough, we plan to more often but by the time we're suppose to go Im usually too tired :)

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda CRV - not a big fan!

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Black boots - wish I was wearing sandals right now...

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Uuuugh what's for dinner?

9. What's your favorite type of music? Top 40 music I guess. I'll listen to anything as long as its not like Marilyn Manson or something in that genre.

10. Are your nails polished today? No, but I'm going on Friday to get a manicure - can't wait!

11. What's your favorite room in the house? My living room, too :)

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Fridays - I love knowing I dont have to get up early the next mornng!

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. Actually can't think of one right now, but Im sure as Ava gets older I'll have something....

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? neither - I just try to find a good balance.

15. Your dream come true? Getting pregnant & having my preciouss Ava!

ad1978 responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? watching LO learn new things every day--amazing! and her freakin adorable smile/laugh

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? the fear of something (anything) awful happening to LO

3. How many children do you have? One that I know of

4a. How do you make time for yourself? I wake early and exercise before LO wakes. I volunteer to go grocery shopping on the weekend--yes, that is time for myself, lol!!!!

4b.What are some ways in which you relax? TV! Sad but true, my DVR is always full, and DH and I love to watch our shows with a glass of wine on a Friday night.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? sigh, rarely. We probably should make more of an effort.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? SUV--I REALLY didn't want one, but DH and I compromised, and then somehow I ended up driving it (and now I like it)

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? black heels

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? wash your hands

9. What's your favorite type of music? if I can sing it or dance to it, I like it.

10. Are your nails polished today? ugh. I polished them over the weekend (this is usually reserved only when we have something going on over the weekend), but have since neglected to remove it, and it looks BAD.

11. What's your favorite room in the house? family room

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Any day I don't have to work, lol

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. Why is my mind blank right now? I need some caffeine.

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? Kind of wouldn't mind both!
15. Your dream come true? I'm living it, though I need to remind myself how good it is every day.

daisy729 responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? Kisses and hugs! Watching Dane's face light up when he figures something out for the first time.

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Feedings every 3 hours.

3. How many children do you have? One

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? Glass or two of wine after Dane has gone to bed, on a Saturday or Sunday. Window shopping, alone.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Uhm, not enough.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Hyundai Sonata

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Flip flops

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? good food, good company.

9. What's your favorite type of music? Depends on my mood, I listen to almost anything.

10. Are your nails polished today? My toe nails are. No reason to paint my nails, they are thrashed within a week.

11. What's your favorite room in the house? Toss up, living room or bedroom

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Saturday

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. I think Dane is saving them, I haven't really had one that I can remember. We had friends over right after Dane was born and one of my friends was holding him and he just filled his diaper out of no where, no warning, just SPLAT. It was loud, and hot. Totally grossed my friend out. I just laughed.

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? Neither really, somewhere in between/

15. Your dream come true? Life as it is now. We have a beautiful house, beautiful son, a happy marriage, great jobs, wonderful family and friends, what more could you want?

MISSBUBBLEYAJG responded:
Its okay KIm....your keeping me busy!! lol

1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? Wow..just waking up everyday to my beautiful daughters face and watching her grow and learn each day. Its amazing to me, and each day is something new. Oh and I love her kisses!!

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? the sleepless nights sometimes and the decisions I have to make sometimes on her behalf. I only want top make the best ones.

3. How many children do you have? Just one

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? Its super hard sometimes, to be honest I dont really know...lol

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? No DB right now....

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? I dont drive a vehicle, I use my 2 feet...lol

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Some sandals I was forced to buy the other day because my other sandals broke on the way to work lol

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? food

9. What's your favorite type of music? all kinds literally...

10. Are your nails polished today? My toes are polished and my fingernails are trimmed somewhat(have a nail biting habit my way of trimming lol)

11. What's your favorite room in the house? Hmmm either my living room or my bedroom..

12. What's your favorite day of the week? saturday and sunday

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. I cant think of one right now!

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? I wouldnt mind having mcD for dinner lol but I try my hardest to give variety, its just hard to have energy to cook for just 2 especially when we are on the go all the time it seems.

15. Your dream come true? My dream is slowly coming true from being a mother to the man I decide to be with. My dream of a happy loving fullfilling family.

Silver623 responded:

1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? the love I get, seeing how happy my kids are when I get home.

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Up at nights when I should be sleeping - ditto

3. How many children do you have? 2

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? Time for myself? What's that? I take walks or go to the mall on my lunch at work. I watch my soap (which is ending in september) after the kids got o bed.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Not enough! Probably once every few months.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Jeep Liberty

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? brown leather sandals

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? food

9. What's your favorite type of music? hip hop, top 40

10. Are your nails polished today? No but they're clean and trimmed - ditto again

11. What's your favorite room in the house? My family room

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. DS very loudly said, "good job peeing on the potty mommy" when we were in a restaurant bathroom.

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? neither. Somewhere in between - ditto again

15. Your dream come true? Being a mother, owning a nice house with a nice yard.

earleyml1012 replied to MISSBUBBLEYAJG's response:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? EVERYTHING but lately I love when DH give DD a bath and after she's dressed for bed she walks around the house trying to find me to say good night, she goes "ma-ma" in the dearest little voice. Then gets super happy when she finds me and gives lots of hugs/kisses

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Sickness that ends up in the ER or for testing

3. How many children do you have? Just one but we might start trying again this summer

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? Lately it's been my Wednesday night bible study but I also love taking bubble baths

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Not narely enough! Once every other month?!?

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Saturn VUE

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Brown dress sandals

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Enjoying DD while she learns to eat her food...very messy!

9. What's your favorite type of music? Musicals/Glee

10. Are your nails polished today? Fingernails - no I bite them Noetails - yes

11. What's your favorite room in the house? My livingroom or my bedroom

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Saturdays, we have the entire day together

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. I can't think of one right now.

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? neither. I try to cook heathy food but tonight is probably fast food...busy evening!

15. Your dream come true? Marrying my best friend and then having the most wonderful daughter!

TyPatrick08 responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? Knowing that little life depends on me, so I need to do the right thing always to never let him down!

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Having to discipline

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? My time is when Tyler is in bed, Wine yes!

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Maybe....Maybe once a month... we should try more often

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda Accord love it!

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Nike Sneakers

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? who is cooking and cleaning?

9. What's your favorite type of music? I like so many different types of music

10. Are your nails polished today? No I cant have nail polish at work!

11. What's your favorite room in the house? livingroom it is so confy!

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Tuesdays its me and Tyler all day!

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience.

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? None something healthy`ish

15. Your dream come true? Living this life of mine!

magsnemma responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? When DD does something new that I didn't know she could do, or when she hugs me and twirls my hair with her fingers

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Ugh, the whining

3. How many children do you have? One and done probably

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? I like watching scary movies, they just take me out of myself a bit, hiking, volleyball

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children?Probably once a month, but we're taking our first adult only vacation next month.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda Pilot but I drive as little as possible

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Barefoot, I hate wearing shoes

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Please eat what I made

9. What's your favorite type of music? I like a little bit of everything, but I guess Brit pop or alternative?

10. Are your nails polished today? Toes are, fingers never

11. What's your favorite room in the house? The back porch on sunny days

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Friday

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. DD had a blowout at a funeral, and it stunk!

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? Lean towards organic. If you had mentioned pizza...

15. Your dream come true? Um well since that whole supermodel thing didn't pan out, I'll settle for having a healthy little girl. </sarcasm>

MontanaMama2009 responded:
I loved reading all of your responses! Thanks for playing along...:) :) :)

Tweety52076 responded:
What's your favorite part about being a parent? Kisses and hugs, the sweet moments of laughter and pure joy from your LO, enjoying the fun and silly things in life again.

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? Worrying, worrying, worrying that something will happen to my LO and the whining, tantrums!

3. How many children do you have? 1..we are lucky to have her so I'm not tempting fate.

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? Gosh, I really don't have an answer, probably just vegging out in front of the TV after she has gone to bed and drinking a glass of wine on our deck.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Maybe once every other month. We have a fun night planned for Sat Apr 17th and I'm looking forward to it!

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Nissan Murano but in the process of getting a new bigger vehicle!

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Black dress shoes - can't wait to go home, take them off and relax my poor feet!

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Food!

9. What's your favorite type of music? Everything, except for rap and country. Love pop and dance music - so does my LO - lol

10. Are your nails polished today? Yes...nails and toes are polished, although I need to redo them.

11. What's your favorite room in the house? My Bedroom in the winter, our beautiful deck in the summer.

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Probably Sundays or Friday's....I'm off on Fridays so that is my day alone with my DD.

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. I can't think of one right now...

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? Both. I usually feed DD organice meats and fruits (when I can) and once a week, she gets a treat of a McDonald's hamburger, plain and maybe a few fries.

15. Your dream come true? After a very long road, my dream is being a mommy....

sarahann1978 responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? The look in his eyes when he sees me and is so happy excited, true love!

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent? When he's hurting or sick, seeing him suffer.

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? At this moment it's mostly just getting on Facebook and playing Farmville and FarmTown. I also like to garden and we are getting into that season.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? I was just talking about his at lunch today we have had two alone dates since DS was born 14.5 months ago! The in-laws are here this weekend so I see my third date in my near future.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 2007 Nissan Xterra

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Born slip ons

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Eat

9. What's your favorite type of music? Rock

10. Are your nails polished today? No

11. What's your favorite room in the house? DS's room

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. Hmmm, I have to think about this one

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? As much as I try to eat healthy I do enjoy a Big Mac from time to time.

15. Your dream come true? I am living my dream!

Ryannbaby responded:
1. What's your favorite part about being a parent? Her reaction when I walk through the door, her kisses and hugs, her smiles and the sound of her laugh, tubbies, snuggling, knowing that love that my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest, comforting her, reading to her, taking walks, feeding her, okay ... let's just say that there is nothing that I don't love about being a parent. I even think her poop is adorable! :)

2. What's your least favorite part about being a parent?
The freedom to sleep and relax anytime I feel the need. I really can't complain though, we have been luckier than most. Isabella has been an amazing sleeper since day one. And she likes to sleep in on the weekends! What more could I ask for?

3. How many children do you have? Technically, 2. Isabella, and I adopted my Nephew 5 years ago .. he is 16.

4. How do you make time for yourself? What are some ways in which you relax? I'm sorry - I don't understand the question! Haha. Time for myself is usually a quick trip to Target or something. I work FT, so I do get "away" time, but I'd hardly consider it relaxing.

5. How often do you and DH (DB/DF) go out and enjoy each other's company without the children? Not often at all. Once a month, if that.

6. What kind of vehicle do you drive?

7. What type of shoes are on your feet right now? Black stilettos

8. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say, "dinner table"? Food

9. What's your favorite type of music? R & B, some hip hop, pop, alternative rock, 80's, 90's, I like just about everything but country.

10. Are your nails polished today? French manicure

11. What's your favorite room in the house? Isabella's nursery ... it's adorable :)

12. What's your favorite day of the week? Friday @ 5pm!

13. Tell me about a funny or embarrassing parenting experience. Nothing embarrrassing, yet!

14. Organic food or McDs for dinner? I don't eat organic, and McD's is only once in a great while type of thing.

15. Your dream come true? Giving birth to a happy, healthy, beautiful child :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

It's been a long, hard journey to parenthood. I miscarried at 11w5d in 10/06, at 12w2d in 1/07, had a chemical pregnancy in 7/07, and had an ectop...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.