Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Anyone have bunk beds?
peachyisthelife posted:
I'm looking at bunk beds right now as our 2 kids will soon be sharing a room due to baby #3 coming in a few months. Anyway, we'll be needing a twin over full bunk bed set (only b/c that's the size mattresses we have to use). Just curious if any of you have any tips for buying one? Anything you like/don't like about your beds? Any certain kinds (like walmart or something) that are real cheap and squeaky or something? Do you know of a place that sells them where you can actually go to a store and look at them? I'm finding some online, but I hate that I can't see it in person first. I'm also paranoid that my 4yo will wake up the toddler when he climbs down out of bed as he wakes up much earlier than her. Can't be a loud/creaky bed!

Sorry for all the questions, but this is an important-and big-purchase for us!

swilwert05 responded:
I am looking now too. I know that wood ones are generally less squeeky and with your 4 yo they probably wont make a lot of noise going up and down. Furniture places like slumberland or hom furniture are good places that I have found. You can go and actually see them up too. Slumberland is cheaper from what I have seen as well. I dont know if you have those stores in your area buti am sure any furniture store has them not sure about other places. I hope that helps.

Silver623 responded:
DS has bunk beds in his room. We got them at a local furniture store and didn't really look many other places so I might not be of much help. He has twin over twin with stairs instead of a ladder. LOVE the steps. I felt so much better about it, it seems so much safer. The side of ours also has built in drawers which really comes in handy for storage! I'll try to attach a pic of ours. We love them!

Silver623 replied to Silver623's response:

file:///Users/mediauser/Desktop/bunkbed.jpg

Silver623 replied to Silver623's response:
sorry, I guess I don't know how to attach a pic....

mommyof12b2 responded:
we bought ours for our 7 year old at Rooms to go kids.
This is what he has. He loves it. I needed something a little compact. I especially liked this style because the steps were not the ladder kind but actual steps.

Nathanzgmm2 responded:
Few months ago i shared my bedroom with my friend and i need to buy a bunk bed i have visited so many furniture stores but i needed on a cheap rates finally i found a furniture store where i go and i bought a quality bunk bed on a cheap rates i am very happy...... See more here

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.