Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

What's for Dinner!!
DDK2005 posted:
Hey Ladies, I remember someone used to post this question on the old boards & I used to get some great suggestions for it...so what's for dinner tonight, because I'm stumped??

Last night I had baked chicken, rice & beans, string beans & salad....I need help tonight :)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

NicoleCoy01 responded:
We aren't having anything. I am so sick and tired to death of deciding what to have LOL. I got something I can throw together for Savana but me and hubby who knows. I ask him what he wants and he says I dunno. So tonight he is getting I dunno for dinner :) I'm just tired of the same crap everyday. I need some new ideas!

How did you bake the chicken?

leftcoastgirl responded:
I'm thinking of sloppy joes. I use this Rachael Ray recipe and usually substitute turkey for beef. It's awesome!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/super-sloppy-joes-recipe/index.html

TyPatrick08 replied to leftcoastgirl's response:
leftcoastgirl... I have an awesome sloppy joe recipe too!
NicoleCoy.... too funny that is an every night occurance at our home to... so ANNNOYING!!! If i am going to cook and clean up the kitchen you can atleast give me an idea!

I am think that since DF is working till 8 or later that hopefully my mom is cooking and we will got to her house! My luck she wont be cooking then I will ahve to figure it out!

DDK2005 replied to NicoleCoy01's response:
OMG - I'm totally cooking 'I dunno' for dinner tonight!!!! LMAO!!! Baked chicken is so easy. I season the chicken on the bone with whatever I have (garlic, paprika, onion, adobo) preheat the oven at 515 (yup 515 degrees), when it borns I turn it (around 15 minutes) then 20 minutes later I turn it again & then again after 20 more minutes its done, nice & rispy & totally juicy!!! Yummy!

BTW my DH complains that I make the same thing all the time yet he too never has a suggestion...uuughhh men!!!

Ohh I do have an great vegetable lasagna if anyone is interested!

roni090909 responded:
I have a pork roast cooking now. I didn't feel like cooking either. I love the tslow cooker, just through a bunch of stuff together and hope it tastes good :smile:

cheeezie25 responded:
I think we are going to do one of our cop-out Trader Joe meals tonight lol. Pasta with spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs. Yummy, but snooze haha

NicoleCoy01 replied to DDK2005's response:
Burn like gets black burn? I would love to make yum baked chicken but I had no idea how.

sarahann1978 responded:
Tonight we are having left overs from last night, I made pork green chile for smothered burritos. I also made the pinto beans and tortillas from scratch.

Tomorrow night I am doing shrimp stir fry, and later this week roasted pork loin in the crock pot.

DDK2005 replied to NicoleCoy01's response:
LMAo - I meant to say brown...when it browns - not burns!!! Sorry!! My mom actually makes it the best - cant quit get it as good....

If you do a whole Perdue Oven Stuffer - I put a 1/2 onion & 1/2 lemon inside it & it always comes out so juicy. you cant go wrong because it has a popper fr when its ready! Just cut up & bunch of red potatoes & put them in the oven dish w/ the chicken & cook - yummy!

DDK2005 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Hey Sarah - you wanna come over & cook for me!!! Your stuff sounds yummy yet quick and easy!!

daisy729 responded:
Saturday I made garlic lime chicken. One night I had left over limes, so I made my own marinade and it's supper yummy. Just squeeze a lime or two over some chicken, chop up some garlic, pour enough olive oil over the top to coat the chicken and roll it around (I put it all in a zip lock bag). Let it marinade for 30 minutes or so and grill it up and put cilantro over the top. Delish.

Anyway, we have leftover chicken, so we are having chicken ceasar salad.

Oh, also, I made that pork carnitas recipie from the 365 crockpot blog. OHHHH, was that good and EASY. I just took a 2 lb pork roast, rubbed salt and cumin over the roast, squeeze a large orange, 2 limes, 1/2 c beef broth and 7 cloves a garlic. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Then shred with a fork. Good night was that good. Tastes even better today. I just put the shredded pork on a taco shell with some guac, sour cream, cooked onions, corn and cilantro. It was good. So tender Dane even ate some!

NicoleCoy01 replied to daisy729's response:
Daisy that garlic lime chicken sounds DELISH! I might have to make it this week, yum!

mamatobe08 replied to DDK2005's response:
That baked chicken sounds good. I can never make good chicken in the oven. Maybe I'll try it tonight. We only have the boneless frozen breasts(ick) but it will do, right?!

daisy729 replied to NicoleCoy01's response:
Thanks! It is if I do say so myself. It's my most requested dish by family and friends. That and my couscous.

I love that chicken because it's SO easy, it's cheap and you can use it for so many things. You can it as a main course, chicken tacos, chicken burritos, enchiladas, leftovers in a salad, or make chicken salad sammiches, etc!

Just a tip, if the limes are really hard, nuke them in the microwave for 8 or so seconds and roll them on the counter, you will be amazed at what comes out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Jessica and I'm a S@HM to my 1 year old (17m exact) son Cory.He is such a silly, sweet, sometimes crazy little boy.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.