Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

cheesy potato recipe
Silver623 posted:
anyone have a recipe for cheesy potato casserole type dish? Looked online but nothing jumped out at me. I would like something simple and I have a ton of white potatoes at home to use up. TIA and TGIF!!

linzuh04 responded:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cheesy-Potatoes-II/Detail.aspx

that's the one I use, but I make mine with cream of potato soup

Silver623 replied to linzuh04's response:
Do you think I can substitute real potato chunks for the hashbrowns?

chrisandjen0717 responded:
I have a FABULOUS one that I am always asked to make for family get-togethers. In fact, I'm making it for our Mother's Day BBQ on Sunday.

Ingredients:
1-2lb bag of frozen hash browns (I use Ore Ida's cubed ones but the shredded kind are good too)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick of melted butter
1 pint sour cream
2 TBS minced dried onion or 1/2 of a small fresh white onion, finely minced
Salt & Pepper to your taste
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese

Topping:
2 cups crushed cornflakes
1/2 stick of melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*. Thaw hashbrowns and combine with soup, butter, sour cream, onion and salt & pepper. Add cheese until it is evenly distributed through the potato mixture. Spread in a 9x13 pan.

Mix cornflakes and melted butter in a small bowl until evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of potatoes. Bake at 350* for 45-60 min until topping is golden brown and casserole is bubbly around the edges.

*If you like them extra cheesy you can sprinkle another cup of cheese over the top of the potato mixture before putting on the topping.

earleyml1012 replied to chrisandjen0717's response:
chrisandjen0717 - Your recipe was a HUGE hit. My in-laws were over Saturday night for dinner (grilled chicken and grilled veggies) so I decided to try your cheesy potato recipe. I used "fresh" potatoes and cubed them with my Vadala Chopper. Everyone loved them...even DD asked for more!! Thanks for posting it!

chrisandjen0717 replied to earleyml1012's response:
No problem! It's always requested for our family get-togethers and I love it (leftovers are yummy with eggs for breakfast) so I was happy to share. Glad you all enjoyed it. :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom to three wonderful "big" boys, Timmy (13), Matthew (11), Joey (8) and my baby girl, Sarah, who was one on 6/24/10. I'm marrie...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.