Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

ALL SIMPLICITY CRIBS HAVE BEEN RECALLED
earleyml1012 posted:
Darn this is us!!! Anyone have to return a crib? What happened? Did you get a new one free?

ALL SIMPLICITY CRIBS HAVE BEEN RECALLED

YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE PLACE OF PURCAHSE FOR A REFUND WITH NO RECEIPT. =) This new recall is because of the metal supports holding up the mattress, not the drop side, so it can't be used as a Toddler bed either. This also means that cribs that are not dropsides are included. DO NOT sell these cribs.
Here is a link to the CPSC's website:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10211.html

We are writing to let you know that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is announcing the recall of all Simplicity full-size cribs with tubular metal mattress-support frames, due to a potential product defect.
This recall includes fixed-side and drop-side cribs. These cribs pose a risk of serious injury or death due to entrapment, strangulation, suffocation and fall hazards to infants and toddlers.
This is the full list of recalled cribs:
Description UPC
Bellamy Crib 5767320810
Ultra Deluxe Sleep System 74102204600
Oxford Crib 5767374315
4-in-1 Crib - Celery Green 74102280202
4-in-1 Crib - Antique White 74102280203
Nursery-in-a-Box, Cherry 74102289003
3 PC Baby's Room, Cherry 74102280520
Nursery in a Box, Natural 74102289002
Nursery-in-a-Box, Natural 74102280521
Nursery in a Box 74102289001
Nursery-in-a-Box, White 74102280522
Providence Nursery Organizer 74102283251
Kingston 4-in-1 Convertible Crib 74102285580
Providence Crib 74102286200
Providence 4-in-1 Crib, Dark Cherry 74102286210
Ellis 4-in-1 Crib, Antique Black 74102286768
Ellis 4-in-1 Crib, Espresso 74102238675
Ellis Crib, in Honey 74102286760
Natural Ellis Crib 74102286762
Ellis 4-in-1 Crib, White 74102286763
Graco Aspen 3 in 1 Crib 74102208740
Aspen 4 in 1 Crib, H 74102287450
Aspen 4-in-1 Crib, White 74102287480
Aspen 3-in-1 Crib, White 74102287403
Camille 4-in-1 Crib, Cream 74102287780
Camille Crib 74102287782
Pooh 4 in 1 Crib 74102208800
Nursery-in-a-Box, Cherry 74102289103
Newport 4-in-1 Crib Combo, Pecan 74102289920
Crib N Changer Combo 74102289951
Milan Crib N' Changer Combo, Honey 74102289957
Milan Crib n' Changer Combo, White 74102289954
Christina 4-in-1 Crib Combo 74102289963
Crib N Changer Combo 74102289964
Crib N Changer Combo 74102289984
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tamliz08 responded:
I know!! You know that company is no longer in business, right? Good thing, since apparently all of their products suck.

sarahaguirre responded:
Ugh this is me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to stop at Target and see what they say about it.

gracesmom09 replied to sarahaguirre's response:
Me too! Grr. Sarah will you share with us what Target says? That is where I got mine too.

sarahaguirre replied to gracesmom09's response:
I have never had goo luck with Target as far as returning things. So I sure hope they don't give me grief about replacing it. I have the 4 n 1 crib. I can not for the life of me remember the name of it. I will try to stop by after work and I'll let you know what they tell me.

AWoods1985 responded:
My DD's crib was recalled not too long ago. They gave us a number to call. I sent in proof of the crib, and I had to send in two different pictures of some stickers that was on her crib(to make sure it was the right one recalled). After that I got a brand new crib in the mail. It was pretty simple. They just tell you not to use the crib until the replacement crib or peices have been sent. I never had to send back my other crib or anything. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask.

HTH
Ashley

earleyml1012 replied to sarahaguirre's response:
Sarah I have the 4 n 1 too, so I've been thinking that I might just keep to convert to the full size bed. Since the issue is the bar that holds the crib mattress and you don't use that for the full size bed, then I'll buy a new crib. A co-worker said the same as Ashley that he just had to send in some stickers, so if that's the case than you can still use the crib for a full size bed AND get a new crib!

angelsmythers responded:
MIL bought ours from k mart. it also has the metal supports. ours is the one with the changing table/dresser/shelves connected to it. I just called kmart and they must have their information wrong because she said my crib is ok its just the ellis sleigh crib. Maybe ill call another store just to see what they say about it.

sarah0323 responded:
Lurking...
I want to say thanks for posting this. We have/had one of these cribs and I stopped using it because the rail actually bent on it. I contacted Simplicity but they wouldn't do anything about it at the time. I made SO put it in the basement. Not sure why because we wouldn't ever use it. With a new little one on the way I'm going to try to take it back now. Hopefully I can at least get a different crib.

sarahann1978 responded:
Wow, it really bothers me that they are not collecting the defective cribs. It seems to me that it is irresponsible since these dangerous cribs could still end up with babies in them. Even if you throw it in the trash someone could still pick it out, when I moved from my last apartment I threw out my old beat up desk and kitchen table and before I was ready to drive away they had been picked out of the trash, so I know it happens.

I think the most responsible thing would be for them to collect them and recycle or at least at a minimum destroy them.

Good luck to those of you who have to go through this process, I hope the stores work well with you!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
You know I was just putting up some info on this on the other parenting exchanges. Simplicity and Graco Cribs Recalled .

I have to ask you ladies, raising kids these days, don't you see more recalls then ever before? Between cribs and strollers, bottles and formula, it's got to be frustrating. I just don't remember all these recalls years ago. I can't help but wonder why. Careless workers? Less checking on quality control?
It's frustrating I would imagine.
What are your thoughts on that?

AWoods1985 replied to sarahann1978's response:
I agree with you. I put my "old" crib in the attic, so no other baby would get it and sleep in it. I think my crib would be ok as a toddler bed because just the plastic peices on the drop side was recalled. So if I didnt need that then the crib would be ok. I just hope that no one sits their old crib out and some pore little baby will have to sleep in it. I dont know why, but I always had a weird feeling about the other crib, I never let DD sleep in it and she didnt wanna sleep in it. So she slept with me the entire first year. Then I heard about the recall and we got the new crib I set it up and then one day my DD wanted to lay down it their so I put her in it and she has been sleeping in it every since. I guess deep down I knew something was wrong :P . I hope everyones crib that was recalled has an easy process returning it. Good luck I know its frustrating.

Ashley

sliverfroggy responded:
Well our crib is on the recall list. I called Babies r us and we have to bring the crib in and then they will give us the credit for the crib after we buy another one. Sounds like a lot of hassle to me but must get new crib. And it doesn't help that I am in my First trimester with our second child so always tired. So now I have to wait for DH to get home so he can take it apart and then go return it tonight. Hope everyone else that needs to return there cribs are having a smooth time. 

Silver623 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
I think things are made more cheaply these days, that probably accounts for some of it. I also think that we are hearing more about these incidents now that everyone has the internet.

earleyml1012 replied to Silver623's response:
I also think some of it is due to misuse. My mother-in-law said that by DD's age her kids where in twin beds, so with parents using them longer the toddlers could be getting too heavy for the crib support?!? Also, I've heard of a lot of people using cribs for time-outs. When a child is upset and confined they tend to jump, which I'm sure the support is not made for. Just other thoughts on the recalls.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Angie, Im 21yrs old and proud parent to Miss Celeste. She blessed my life on 8/9/08 at 12:35pm. She is going on 2 years and such a beaut...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.