Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

OMG I'm shocked
eliguns841984 posted:
We just put DS to bed in the big boy bed. We gave him about a half an hour to jump around and play on it right when we put it in his room and he was SO excited. If we went in another room, he would run in and say "show you" excitedly and pull us back to look at his new bed.

Then, we put him down for the night and he didn't make a peep or get up!!! Praying it is this easy tomorrow night too....

mamatobe08 responded:
That's great! I hope it's that easy for us next week!

Prayin_4_AN_angel responded:
i hope it will be just as easy for my LO

jlc78 responded:
That's great! DS was the same way when we first transitioned him. Then the fear of the dark and being alone started, lol!

eliguns841984 responded:
just to update... DH and I checked on him a few times during the night and he was zonked. We got him up this morning like normal, and when I dropped him off at my mom's before work he gave her a huge smile and wide eyes and said "BIG BOY BED!" to make sure she knew about it LOL

jlynnpaine responded:
That's great! I'm glad it went so well.

MandyMartinez83 responded:
Wow, congrats on the easy transition. How old is your DS?
Mommy-Me (27) Daddy-DH (27) MJ-DS (14 months) Born 3-27-2009 8lbs 1oz...He is the light of our lives!!!

eliguns841984 replied to MandyMartinez83's response:
he is 22 months. He has now been in the big boy bed for four nights without incident. He wakes up in the morning and sits in his bed and talks to himself until we come in and get him. He hasn't tried to get up and wander his bedroom a single time.
Noel (25) DH Johnny (31) DS born 7/23/2008 DS2 EDD 11/17/2010

linzuh04 replied to eliguns841984's response:
That's how DD was too! I know I cant be that lucky twice, so DS is still in his crib....lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Traci. I am 33. DH is 34. We got married in August 2001 and have known each other since we were 16. I can't believe that in August we w...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.