Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Insulator Cups
Rsn3Boys posted:
Does anyone else have these? http://www.playtexbaby.com/CupsMealtime/Insulator-Cup.aspx
I bought a pack for DS and they are horrible. I put DS to bed with a cup of water earlier, when I went to check on him, his bed was WET, I don't mean a little drip either. I checked to make sure it was locked, it was. So that was a complete waste of money.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

cdjd82406 responded:
I have one and I know what you mean. DD3 only gets hers in the car but then half of the time, she turns it upside down and pours out all the drink from it.
Me(9/11), Hubby (11/18), Brooke (1/19), Marcus (8/22), Jennifer (9/1), Ashleigh (12/24), EDD 9/10- Emily Nichole

Silver623 responded:
Yeah, I got the straw ones for DD and they leak everywhere! I really haven't found a straw cup that doesn't leak. So looking forward to her learning to use a regular sippy like her big brother.

fotogirl525 responded:
Nuby sippy cups are the best in my book. They have the soft bottle like spout. And they don't leak a whole lot. My DD goes to bed with a cup and we don't have any problems with it.
Me(33) DH(33) DS(9) DD1(8) DD2(18mos) DSD1(14) DSD2(13) DSD3(11) and DSS(4), yes that's 7 total!

lenono97 responded:
We just looked at those in the store. Glad I didn't buy them. But we did buy a playtex cup, I guess they just aren't insulated. So far, so good. I have a love/hate relationship with the Nuby cups. I like the look of them and that they are clear. But they leak so bad! I just threw two away because I couldn't stand it and my daughter had chewed the nipple.

TyPatrick08 responded:
By far I have found two cups I personally like, One is a Gerber brand... looks kind of like an hour glass shape. usually the lid is different color then the cup, I have not had a leak yet! I also like the playtex twist n click which are insulated they keep Tylers drink pretty cold for sometime.... I dont think they are the ones you had posted>>> but I cant get the linka t work so i am not sure... the playtex ones are deffinetly called twist and click because we have bought several ones. I had a hard time finding ones that dont leak but I did!! Good Luck
Me (22) DF (25) Tyler born 11-19-08 7lb9oz 20 1/2 inc 18 month check up 26lb 33in

roni090909 replied to lenono97's response:
Playtex does make insulated cups. They have the hard spout ones and the straw ones. I find them at Target or BRU. I also have the Nuby ones, I like them but they grow mold so fast (the straw ones). The playtex ones grow mold too much not as fast as the Nuby. I have to bleach them every couple of weeks and then wash them really good.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

Jen_FLMom replied to roni090909's response:
I have the hard spout playtex ones and I like them because if they wear out and start to leak all I have to do is replace the valve inside and they are pretty cheap and easy to find. Plus, DD uses hers all the time so they are washed a lot and the decorations on the cup have not chipped or washed off at all. I remember buying another type with Disney characters and stuff on them and the characters started coming off the first week we had them.

Alleeson responded:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401779

These rock! I put them in the lunchbox full of milk everyday and nothing has ever leaked out of them. Love them! A bit pricey, but so worth it.

Munchkin also makes one that I can't find a link to, but I'll keep looking...

Rsn3Boys replied to TyPatrick08's response:
DS has 2 of the Gerber ones. Those have been by far the best. I needed two more so seeing those in the store, I thought they looked great. I was wrong.

earleyml1012 responded:
I've never tried the playtex ones. I was actually thinking of trying them but I guess I won't now that I know they leak. We've tried lots of cups. Nuby are ok but DD turns them upside down and shakes them, so they leak. The take and toss with both the sippy lid and straw leak. Any with a straw leak for DD b/c of her shaking them upside down. However, my favorite are these. They leak a little but not as bad as others we have tried. http://www.playtexbaby.com/CupsMealtime/The-First-Sipster-Cup.aspx

Faith_after_journey responded:
We have like 8 of the ones you have here and do not have a problem with them. Have used them since DS was about 12 months too, so they have worked for us for 6 months.
We have only noticed they leak on 2 occassions .... 1) when DS throws the cups down hard, and I mean hard, it will jar the valve lose and allow it to leak. 2) We had a valve spend about a week in the disposer so I bleached it, soaked it in soapy water, and ran it through the dishwasher before trying to use it again, but it leaked .... must had done something to the plastic. We bought a package of new valves and no problems.

DS loves his sippys! He has trucks, tractors, Toy Story, cars (not the movie), Winnie the Pooh. We use them as vocabualry builders as to what is on the cups.

mel07430 responded:
I have 2 and we never had any issues with leaking. Hmmm I wonder why yours are doing that?

bgabert responded:
I use these ones... http://www.newbornfree.com/BPA-Free-Cups/Training-Cups-142543/941602-BornFree-Trainer-Cup/ProductInfo.aspx

and DD hasn't had a leak yet. A bit of a pain to clean because there are a few parts, but it does the job!
-- Bri (24), DH (28), Emery (1), Baby 2 EDD 2/14/2011

ajs0924 responded:
I actually just bought these today because of this post. lol. I'm really excited about the insulated cup. I'm always hesitant to let DS have milk outside because I'm worried it will spoil.

I think the problem you may be having is with the valve. Maybe it's in backwards or not pushed in all the way.
Me(33), DH(37), DS-Zachary born 10/3/08

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Noel (pronounced like the Christmas song). I am 25 years old, and I live in an Illinois suburb of St. Louis, MO with my DH, Johnny (31) and...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.