Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Update(APO Pregnancy 3rd Tri)
cdjd82406 posted:
I had my appointment yesterday. I have lost three pounds on the diet that they have me on but some of my numbers have been high so they lectured me on that and I have to go back this Friday to be lectured again. On the upside, I get to have another u/s so that's cool.
I left out of there feeling like such a failure. I am really trying heard with this diet and I don't think that they are realizing that I've only been on it for one week. Do we have a recipe tip section on here? I keep thinking that we did but not too sure. Maybe it will give me some ideas as to things that I can cook that will be good for me and baby.
Me(9/11), Hubby (11/18), Brooke (1/19), Marcus (8/22), Jennifer (9/1), Ashleigh (12/24), EDD 9/10- Emily Nichole

roni090909 responded:
Keep your head up. You have only been on this diet for a short time. Your body is not going to adjust overnight. Just keep doing what you are doing and your numbers should straighten out.

You could try google recipes for diabetics. You should be able to find some good ideas.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

lenono97 responded:
Three pounds in one week is really good! Congrats!

cdjd82406 responded:
Thanks ladies. I was so stressed after I left there that when I tested, my sugar was 131. I did a bad thing and just went to bed when I got home but I was so sleepy that I knew that my body needed the rest. After I had ate breakfast, my sugar was 165. However, after lunch and dinner last night, they leveled off to 101 and 95. So its just taking my body some getting used to.
Me(9/11), Hubby (11/18), Brooke (1/19), Marcus (8/22), Jennifer (9/1), Ashleigh (12/24), EDD 9/10- Emily Nichole

cdjd82406 responded:
Just wanted to give a little update. After my last two high numbers, the rest have been within the normal range of what they are supposed to be. Hope that everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

cheeezie25 responded:
There is a recipe exchange on the WebMD boards, but it isn't Diabetic specific. I think there are a few Diabetic boards here though, so you may want to poke around to get some tips.

I am not Diabetic, but I know the easier thing I have done to lose weight is to replace almost all of my white, overly-processed carbs with whole grain substitutes. Whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, and brown rice instead of white rice are some easy changes to make. And remember, whole wheat is usually just a marketing term... you have to read the label to make sure that the product is made with whole grais, or it usually just as bad for you as the white flour products. Also, lots of veggies. You could try to find a local farmers market to get those products, because it will likely be cheaper than getting the same veggies at the supermarket.

sarahaguirre responded:
If you don't want to invest in a diabetic cookbook you could try the library. They probably have other books about GD that you could check out as well.
Me (27) DH (27) My baby cake Stella born 3/10/2009 Baby 2 EDD 1/28/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am proud mommy, not perfect, but proud! Living learning and working to give her a better future and a better life!

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.