Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

When are you getting pregnant again?
saywhat789 posted:
It seems that a lot of you are either pregnant again or are trying. I'm just wondering how many years or months your kids are spaced (or are going to be spaced) and pros/cons. I find myself getting baby fever again but then I think I can't even keep up with my 12 month old how on earth would I handle another!?!?
~ Mama to Miss M born 07/08/09 ~
FirstPrevious12NextLast

DDK2005 responded:
I had a pregnancy scare when Ava was 1 & I tell you it freaked me out - I was no where near ready. Now that I am pregnant & Ava is 16 months old Im ok with it. I figured she'd be a good helper by then. This actually worked out well for us, I hope....but chk in on me in 9 months...LOL!
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: Ava 3/26/09 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 in - at 13mo chk up weighed 18.2lbs

jlc78 responded:
That is a question I ask myself daily. Sometimes hourly. DS and DD are 15 months apart. I know I want another 1, but I'm just not sure of when. Right now it's unbelievably exhausting with an almost 2 year old and a 3 year old. I love (almost) every minute of it. But some days I'm so I just fear that #3 will put me over the edge. And I'm so far out of the baby stage that I often question if I'm ready to go all the way back to that. DD finally started sleeping through the night about 2 months ago. And both kids are potty trained. Am I really ready for 2 am nursing sessions and loads of diapers to wash again?! I'm kind of enjoying my new found freedom of baby-hood, lol! But then I think about how much I love being pregnant and giving birth. Yes, I loved giving birth. And all the fun milestones of the first year. The smell of a newborn's breath. The way they stretch out when waking up from a milk-induced coma.

Agh. Sorry to ramble. I just don't know and this has been on my mind for quite some time now.
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

earleyml1012 responded:
I'm due with #2 in February. My kids will be 26 months apart and I'm SCARED! DD loves babies and enjoys spending time with them at DCP. However, she loves mommy and gets a little jealous when someone/something takes me away from her. She's also getting into the whinny/tantrum stage so that makes me nervous. She could completely surprise me and be great!

The other thing that I didn't think about was the pregnancy. Sure I was tired with DD but than I just had myself, DH and the dog to worry about. Now with DD I feel like I never get enough rest and that I'm not being a good mommy to DD b/c of it. I've yelled at her more in the last few weeks than I have in her entire life. Just another thought!

The way I look at it, is that MANY MANY moms have done it before me, so this too I can handle!

Emmyl responded:
We found out I was pregnant again when DS was about 7 months old. He should be right around 16 months when the new baby comes. We knew we wanted to have another one pretty soon, but not necesarily this soon! lol. I had just stopped breastfeeding two weeks before I got pregnant and still hadn't had my first period yet, so it was definately a surprise. It's definately a blessing thuogh. I don't regret it one bit. Actually, when I think more about it, this might work out really well. They'll be close enough in age that one won't have to wait for the other before he gets to do anything (ie Disney World, roller costers, etc.), we'll get a lot of the difficult baby stuff over with pretty close to the same time. And all the stuff we had to learn with DS will still be pretty fresh in our memories so we won't have to relearn how to take care of a newborn. The only thing will be the expense, with two babies in diapers, it's defiantely going to cost more. Plus, this one is a girl and will be born in a different season, so we can't really use the clothes that DS had. (but that just gives me a reason to go shopping for cute baby girl clothes!) But, we can use the same swing, bouncy seat, pack n play, carseat and bassinet that we got for DS so

Emmyl replied to Emmyl's response:
Darn it, I accidentally hit "post now" lol. but anyway, although we didn't really plan it this way, I think it's going to work out just fine. I do feel like I've been pregnant for the last year and a half though! I can't wait to go shopping for real clothes again!!

cdjd82406 responded:
If we decide to get pregnant again, Brooke will be 12, Marcus will be 9, Jennifer will be 7, Ashleigh will 5, and Emily will be 3. I have enjoyed being pregnant with all of my babies and haven't really had any problems (with the exception of while I was pregnant with Emily and got hit by a car!).
Me(28), Hubby (26), Brooke (9), Marcus (5 1/2), Jennifer (3 1/2), Ashleigh (19 months), Emily Nichole (7/18/10)

ad1978 responded:
Just remember there is no "right" way to have your family! There are pros/cons for any age difference.

I think the pros for having them close together is to kind of get through the diaper/baby stage all at once, and then move on. This way can be exhausting, but then you're done with the baby stage.

The pros for waiting a few years is that you'll only deal with one "baby" at a time, but of course your baby years are then stretched out over a much longer time period.

It's really all what you feel comfortable with. Right now, I don't think I can even consider getting pregnant until LO is at least 2 years old, but that is just my personal preference.

elegi23 responded:
I'm really wanting to try for number 2. We were actually supposed to start trying in May, but yet I still haven't had AF since having DD. So its a waiting game. DH doesn't really like to DTD all that often anymore, even though I want to, but he said once I have AF, or finish BFing then we will start again. He really wants a little boy. I want another girl. I was 5 and 12 years apart from my brothers and hated it, so I want DD to be close in age with her brother or sister.

I guess for me now, its a waiting game till I get AF and can start charting and whatnot. I know with DD it took a year, and a few m/c, so I'm hoping this one will happen a lot quicker like some of the other people who are preggo with number 2.
Me (22), DH(29) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/10

Emmyl replied to elegi23's response:
I hadn't had AF yet when I got pregnant. I haven't had one since Oct. 2008! So it can happen!

breezy_83255 responded:
DD1 and DD2 are 25 months apart. DD2 and this LO will be about 21 months apart. This LO really wasn't planned. We wanted #3, but weren't planning on it this soon. DD1 had her tonsils out, I couldn't refill my prescription, and, well, I got pregnant right off the pill. I basically took the test so I could prove to DH that I wasn't pregnant and then go get my pill refilled the next week. Imagine my shock when it came up positive!

sliverfroggy responded:
I am pregnant again and both DD's will be 22 months apart. I am nervous cause DD #1 will be going threw her terrible 2's and then I will be up all night long with a newborn. Other than that I know I can do this. I love both my babies to death and will do anything for them, even if that means no sleep for the mommy. DH and I wanted them to be 2 years apart and we were so lucky to get pregnant the same month we started to try. I am also hoping that DD will want to help a bit with her little sister. I am actually more stressed that I am going to upset DD#1 and not give her all the attention she deserves. 
Me (Sharon)28, DH(Don)30,DD(Milla)16 months-Born 1/27/09 @9.4 lbs. At 15 month appt. 25lbs and 32 in long, 2 Due 12/9/10.

roni090909 responded:
I am 25 weeks pregnant now. My kids will be almost exactly 2 yrs apart. Honestly I am still freaked out about it but I know I will manage.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

ambern99 responded:
DH and I were thinking about 3.5 to 4 years a part. DS is 22 months now so we have a little while before TTC but it might be even longer or not at all. I like just having one kiddo so I'm not sure yet. Also we're really tight finically and until we can get some things paid off or DH finally starts getting pay raises instead of decreases we wont be comfortable with having a another one. Luckily my IUD lasts 10 years so I don't need to worry about any "ah-oh's". ;-)

paytonsmommy09 responded:
That is funny you ask that question. My husband is deploying to Afghanistan very soon and I keep nagging him that I want another baby. I guess I fear that he won't come home from combat and I want another child to remember him. My daughter keeps me on my toes every day, but I keep telling him I want another baby to cuddle with.

DH keeps telling me to wait until he comes home. Ideally, I would like Payton and her sibling to be around 2 years apart but that probably won't happen.......................
SARAH (31), JASON (DH), PAYTON (7.8.09), 3 FUR CHILDREN

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My DH and I have a beautiful little 15 month old girl and she has a little brother on the way! EDD is May 13th but I will be having a scheduled...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.