Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

toddler bed question : /
SkyGirl1984 posted:
Hi all!
Remember me? I haven't been on here since webmd changed the message board formats making everyone leave :P glad to see some have come back. My DH and I cant seem to agree on what to do about our situation. Maybe you can offer some insight? DD climbed (and fell hard:() out of her crib at 15 1/2 months (at about 530 am eek!) So we took the side off of the crib because all she wanted to do was to just keep climbing out. That first night she kept rolling off the open side of her crib so we got one of those side rails and it seemed to work..for about 2 nights. We had to put a futon couch in her room a few months ago (because it wouldn't fit anywhere else and its a nice one so we dont want to get rid of it) we have it in the couch position and now all shes wants to do is sleep on that. (I dont blame her its so comfy!) But my DH wants her to sleep in her bed. I would be happy to get the crib out of there and just let her sleep on the futon. But DH wants to take the futon out so she will sleep in her crib bed. (But we really dont have room anywhere to store the futon! see the conundrum(sp?)?) Grr! This is where we are in disagreement. We could easily take apart the crib and store it in the garage (or give it away!). But I kind of think hes being sentimental? I dunno what do you guys think? (DD is 17 months on aug 10)

SkyGirl1984 responded:
I dont know why it posted 3 times....O_o

earleyml1012 responded:
I say why not! Let her sleep where she's comfortable. I don't think she's too young to be in a bed/futon b/c DD's been in a twin bed since she was 18 months. She never climbed out of her crib, it was recalled and the one we wanted was on back order for a few months. Anyway, she sleeps great in her bed and we've only had her fall once...that was between the wall and bed so now we stuffed a pillow down the crack. It's really up to you guys but if she does well in the futon, I see no problem in removing the crib. We were a little sentimental too when we moved DD to the bed b/c she looks so small in it but we got over it pretty quickly when we realized how much she likes her big girl bed.

cheeezie25 responded:
I don't think that is a problem. DS slept in a bed (ok, matress on the floor to prevent rolling out) on vacation last week, and he did well. Do you think you'd be able put up a side rail on the futon?

roni090909 responded:
I would go with the futon, like PP said. I would just put some pillows blankets on the floor, so if she did fall it was soft. She probably doesn't have far to fall if she does.

With most of the rails and padding that you put on the bed they have to stretched across the bed to work properly. I don't know if that would work in this situation but it might be worth a shot.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

my story in a nutshell is I was with the same guy for 7 years and when i told him i was pregnant he left me, said the baby wasnt his, and all that goo...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.