Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1 yr old going on 14
xybugsmomma posted:
I have a one year old daughter who just turned 14 months last week. I have noticed in the past two weeks her attitude has changed a whole lot. I dont know if its her trying to be independent or what. If she does not get what she wants she screams and cries till we allow it. She will throw temper tantrums and bang her head on the floor. Other than this she is a great child shes super smart, understands alot. Just not sure if this is just her going through a stage or if im doing something wrong. I cant even leave the room with out her screaming for me to get back. nany ideas?

paytonsmommy09 responded:
My 13 m/o does throws those tantrums too. There was one night that I took a spoon from her hand and she turned red and screamed and flailed for 10 minutes. I didn't have sympathy for her I starated laughing.

Payton freaks when I leave the room too. I just keep on doing what I need to do and she follows. I have noticed that she has become more clingy to me and opposed to my husband. I figure it's just a stage that she will soon outgrow.

I cherish the cligy days because I figure in not too much time she will be embarassed to have me around. ;-)
SARAH (31), JASON (DH), PAYTON (7.8.09), 3 FUR CHILDREN

xybugsmomma replied to paytonsmommy09's response:
hahah yea i just walk away too, i figured its just a stage and shes only like that with me. But again i love that she wants to be with me all the time just wish she could walk so it would be easier than toting her all around the house :)

earleyml1012 responded:
My DD is 20 months and she has been getting worse at the tanturms too. I think hers have a lot to do with lack of communication, so she whines and fusses until we give her what she wants. So I've started making her sit in the corner until she calms herself down, then she has to use her words to let me know what she wants. I'm hoping it's a stage too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (32) Proud work from home mama to my petite little pixie, born 9.28.08, and my bouncing baby boy is due to arrive 5.14.10.

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.