Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Halloween Costume
DDK2005 posted:
Ok dont shoot me - I know its early but Nicole posted something on FB & it got me thinking....Who knows what their LO is going to be for Halloween? I've actaully s

tarted looking if I get an email on it, but I haven't put much thought into it yet....I usually go for whatever Children's Place has....

What's your LO going to be & how did you decide?
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: Ava 3/26/09 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 in - at 13mo chk up weighed 18.2lbs & 31in.  We live in NYC.

bgabert responded:
Dee, you are so funny.. and I'm so happy I'm not the only one!!!
I spent 3 hours at work "looking busy" looking for a costume for DD. I found some pretty hilarious ones (a big hot dog, a giant whoopie cushion, etc) but haven't made a decision.

DD loves animals, so I was thinking a kitty or puppy for her. Or even a lamb or something. We live in BC, so come the end of Oct, it's pretty chilly here and I want something I can put on top layers and layers of clothes!!
Bri (24), DH Jarrod (28), DD Emery (6/15/2009), Baby 2 EDD 2/13/2011

magsnemma responded:
You are so not the only one. Halloween is my favorite so I've been thinking about this for over a week now. I haven't figured out yet what DD will be. Last year she went as Maggie Simpson and that was pretty great. I like making the costumes even though I am craft-challenged.

Hopefully some people have better ideas than I've had so far. The only possibility thus far is Dora, only because DD kinda looks like her.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008)

roni090909 responded:
Pottery Barn kids has some adorable girl costumes. I can't wait until this little girl is old enough to dress up.

I have started looking at them for DS but I have no idea yet.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

elegi23 responded:
I was thinking about it last time I was at BRU. Last year DD was a pink princess, but I don't want to do the same thing. DH wants her to be a yellow princess this year (b/c she's his princess). I think I'm going to let her choose. I thought the lady bug was cute, but I haven't spent too much time looking.
Me (22), DH(29) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09

bgabert responded:
Here's a link to a picture on my facebook of Emery dressed up last year, her first Halloween.
I can't wait to dress her up again!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2918228&id=516888316&ref=fbx_album

magsnemma replied to bgabert's response:
What did she go as? I think bc I'm not your FB friend I can't see the pictures. I'm sure she was super cute though.

jlynnpaine responded:
I've thought about it a little bit. I'm going to see if her costume from last year will still fit her as it was way too big on her then. She was a little fuzzy brown bear last year. If it doesn't fit, I really have no idea. It will have to be something that we can put layers under since it will probably be really cold here in October.

bgabert replied to magsnemma's response:
Shoot, sorry magnemma! Add me as a friend!
The picture is pretty funny.. we couldn't decide WHAT her costume was!!
It was either a spider or a caterpillar, lol. I think the tag actually said "infant spider/caterpillar costumer" :sillygrin:

I'm a FB moron, I can't find you and the link won't let me add you.

bgabert replied to magsnemma's response:
bahaha, my email is bri_anna69@hotmail.com or my name on there is brianna laroy.
GL!!!!
Or, just give me your name!! hahaha
I promise I'm not a creepy stalker! Plus, I live in Canada so it's not that easy to stalk someone from miles and miles north!

You were the only one there but I added you. So if you see a friend request from Ali Heslin, that's me. I am a crazy stalker though and I've never been to Canada...jk. :)

cheeezie25 responded:
We were just randomly at the mall on Sunday, so we stopped in Gymboree to look around... we found the cutest puppy dog costume for Brandon! He loves dogs, so it is really perfect. We didn't really have anything in mind, but I just saw that, and knew that was it! We had him try it on yesterday, and it is adorable!

NicoleCoy01 responded:
I had been thinking about it since like 4th of July haha! Last year she was Minnie Mouse all pretty in her princess dress. Anyways of course everyone in DH's family (including DH) said she should be a princess but I decided against it. Next year when she understands more and can pick for herself I know thats all she is going to want to be is a princess! There was a way cute pirate costume but Ryann was getting it for her DD, and as much as I wanted it I knew Savana wouldn't wear the hat and thats what made the costume way cute IMO. Anyways I looked around some more and this is whaat I found. I LOVE it. I got an email yesterday that it shipped, lets hope it fits and I still love it when I get it lol. I didn't want her to be something that is common, I wanted her to be different!

http://www.costumediscounters.com/infant-toddler-costumes/pirate/pink-punk-pirate-toddler-costume-FW1595.html
Me-Nicole (27) Hubby-David (28) Our little beauty Savana (15.5 months born 02-03-09)

Silver623 responded:
DS (almost 4) is really into Toy Story and wants to be Buzz Light Year. So I am hoping to find DD a Jessie (the cowgirl) costume. DS also wants me to be Woody, lol, even though I keep telling him Woody is a boy and mommy is a girl. I think it'd be awesome if I could get DH to be Woody and me be Little Bo Peep.....but we'll see! I get way more into this stuff than DH! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.