Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

OT Admins?
sarahann1978 posted:
I don't really understand the concept of site admins on this new format of WebMD. It lists that megbrubaker and princessbootz are our administrators, and yet neither of them have posted for 2-3 months and we have had that same message about spring coming on the top of the board all summer. I am pretty sure that megbrubaker is on the next board now, so why don't they assign someone new? Anyone know anything about it, or what their duties are? I know I probably need to email WebMD, but after seeing the spring message for the millionth time I was just wondering.
Sarah (31), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
I also think they need a way to clear people out of the member directory as their children grow. There are a lot of people on the directory that have moved up and not posted here in months. It would make it easier to use if a person got dumped after X number of months of inactivity. They can always re-join a group if necessary.

jlc78 responded:
I'm the admin for the 2 year board. There's really not much that an admin can do. Basically, I can control the exchange announcements, the description of the exchange and the color of it. You can also promote others to be admins or demote yourself. The WebMD administrator can also do the same things --- and probably a few more.

From my understanding, they are still making changes to the new exchanges. And I'm certain they would love some feedback on things such as cleaning up the member directory. BTW, have you ever seen some of the member created boards? I think people get confused with starting a post vs. starting an exchange, lol!
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

earleyml1012 replied to jlc78's response:
Yeah I've seen some of the member created boards and think they are funny. One is like Emily's stomach ache or something like that. Poor confused people!

elegi23 replied to earleyml1012's response:
Yeah and there's one called OMG Aliens and OMG Zombies, and Four year old's teeth turning brown. Like, really, I hated when WebMD changed the format, b/c it was different and everyone left, but it really wasn't THAT hard to figure out how to use. I noticed that on the preggo boards the admins really get into the discussion (because I lurk alot), and I think one of the boards has critque WebMD Wednesday. I would like at least one of those b/c I have a LOT to say.
Me (22), DH(29) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09

sarahann1978 responded:
Thanks to Chris or whoever updated our board, it is very nice!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was a very active member on the pregnancy boards when I was pregnant with my daughter and loved the support and cometary I got. I'm currently a ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.