Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Diaper Rash Cream
Silver623 posted:
What's your preferred brand of diaper rash cream? DS had very few rashes but DD gets them at least every couple of weeks and sometimes it takes several days to get rid of them. I've tried every cream I could find, even the super expensive ones, but none seem to do the trick quickly. I'm starting to wonder if I should coat her butt every night before bed because that's when she usually gets them. She'll poop as soon as she wakes up, but then play in her crib and not cry (and wake DH up) until she wants to get out, which can be over an hour after she wakes up.

roni090909 responded:
We use butt paste. I always coat DS's butt before bed, even if he doesn't have a rash. I noticed if I don't when he wakes up his bottom is a little red, even if he hasn't pooped.
Me (30) DH (37) DS 10/20/08 New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

sarahaguirre responded:
We coat DD's butt every night before bed. We usually use A&D ointment or Butt Paste just to block out the wetness. She used to wake up a little chaffed before we started doing that.
Me (27) DH (27) DD Stella born 3/10/2009 Baby Boy's EDD 1/28/11

magsnemma responded:
We use Balmex and it has worked for us. We also put a bar of Ivory (I think Dove without scent would work too) in the tub, let the water get cloudy and then let DD take a bath. That helps sometimes too.

The poop rashes are the worst, DD finally started telling us when she poops so those are less frequent for us now. If you don't mind cleaning, you could also try letting her run around with nothing on her tush at all. Let the air help dry the area?

Good luck, diaper rash sucks.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008)

miob responded:
We used to use the Butt Paste, but a friend of mine turned me on to Triple Paste - and now I won't use anything else!
DS born 9/26/08

saywhat789 responded:
I've found the thick original Desitin works for my DD. The creamy Desitin doesn't. That's all we've tried.
~ Mama to Miss M born 07/08/09 ~

earleyml1012 responded:
Aquafor...LOVE THAT STUFF!!! It's a little expensive and I only use it for really bad rashes but you just need a little. DD has had some pretty bad rashes that she screams when I change her diaper or give her a bath. I put this on at night for bedtime and by the morning there's not rash or very little. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend it. If you look around you can find coupons on the internet.

jlynnpaine responded:
We use Desitin and we also put it on DD at night before bed. I tried Butt Paste because some friends swore by it but I just didn't like it.

Silver623 replied to earleyml1012's response:
Interesting, I have Aquafor at the house for when my DS had really dry skin as a baby. Never thought about using it as diaper rash cream. I'll give it a try, thanks!

jlc78 responded:
DS used to get horrible rashes. I did a layer of either vaseline or aquaphor and then a layer of desitin or butte paste during the day or triple paste at night.

I also used a mixture of Maalox with Aquaphor to make a paste. That helped too --- but make sure you don't use mint flavored Maalox, lol!
Me (31) DH (32) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

Silver623 replied to jlc78's response:
LOL! Thanks for the tips!

Brubee replied to Silver623's response:
Hi, this maybe a little late, but for the really bad rashes and to prevent I use Bag Balm. My DD had a bout with a stomache bug last year and her poor little bottom was raw. I asked the nurse what I could use and she told me Bag Balm. I never even thought about that one! Now I kinda use it as a preventative, If she's has had some 'angry poo-poos' I put some on at night and then no rash in the morning! Have a great day! ~B~
Me~27 DH~30 DD~20mos angelbaby~2/2/2010 11 weeks.

markovich responded:
I find that Walmarts Parents choice works best for Jonah. Have you concidered it might be a fungle infection? Try puting some canestin or monistat on it, this always clears up Jonahs rash.
Jonah Markovich. DOB 12-09-09 Walking and not even a year old!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amanda(33), DH (37), DS - Zachary 10/3/08

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.