Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Mastered The Escape!
TyPatrick08 posted:
Tyler was still using a binky at night for the past 9 months now. I kept telling my self I will take it away>>> I will Take It Away... I finally did! So we have been talking the last few days with him about "mailing it to the baby" The baby being my Fiances cousins son. So when I layed him down Saturday afternoon for a nap and he found his binky he looked at me and pointed to the binky... and says "Binky for Baby". So off went Binky in the mail. That was Sunday morning so he took his first nap yesterday without a binky... it broke my heart because its our fought we waited so long ot take it away and for the first 10 minutes in his room he cried for it. But he got over it. Then the Escape came! He climbed out of his crib without hurting himself, I think he was looking for his "stash" of binkys. So time to go buy him a twin bed. Last night we layed him in his crib still and all night I heard him not crying or anything but I think he escaped again! Still need to call and check on him this morning so i will see if Pat found him in his crib or on the floor. So we will go look for a new "big boy" bed tonight.
Me (23) DF (26) Tyler born 11-19-08 7lb9oz 20 1/2 inc 18 month check up 26lb 33in

earleyml1012 responded:
It gets easier! DD cried for two nights for it but now she has no problem going to sleep without it. She was 21 months when we took it. We told her that it went to a baby who needed it too, so now whenever she thinks about it she'll remind herself..paci to babies, it's too cute. However, yesterday at church she found a paci in the nursery toys (kid must've dropped it or something) and they told me she was sucking on it until they realized it wasn't hers. GROSS!!

elegi23 replied to earleyml1012's response:
I was very lucky that DD gave up her paci when she was 4 months. She just stopped wanting it one day. I was a little heartbroken, but I think not having it is making it harder to wean the BFing. Hopefully he does well with the big boy bed. We got DD a toddler bed for her brithday, but have yet to put it up because DD still won't sleep through the night.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09 TTC2 (since 05/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mama of two amazing kiddos. My son was born in August '08 and my daughter in January '10. I live in the mountains of Color...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.