Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Doll Recommendation??
Silver623 posted:
Planning to buy DD a baby doll and accessories for Christmas but wow I did not know how many there were to choose from! I think I'd like one that you can change the clothes and stuff. Anyone have any recommendations?

fotogirl525 responded:
Oh we have so,so many baby dolls! I would say a good starter is the Little Mommy doll made by Fisher Price. I really like the size. I also like the Fisher Price Brilliant Basics Stroller for a starter baby doll stroller. My DD loves anything like that. We have babies, strollers, a little graco pack and play, a high chair. And of course you cant forget baby dishes and bottles! Oh and a little blanket! Have fun!
Me(33) DH(33) DS(9) DD1(8) DD2(21mos) DSD1(15) DSD2(13) DSD3(11) and DSS(4), yes that's 7 total!

earleyml1012 responded:
We got this one for DD. She loves it (Emma) and wants to take her everywhere we go. She also likes to feed Emma and have Emma participant in some of the same activities that she does. Her body is soft but her arms and legs are hard plastic. DD doesn't really know how to change her clothes yet but she loves taking her shoes off and on.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2666320

elegi23 responded:
I'm interested to hear what everyone says, since we are TTC, I'd like to get DD a doll to get used to having a baby around. I know my friend who just had a baby, got her DD a life-like doll, but I have no idea where she got it. My DD got a "my first" doll for her birthday, but you can't dress it up, it just giggles. Now, at my baby shower, someone got me a lifelike doll as a gag gift and they got it at walmart. DD loves to give it kisses, but its too heavy for her to carry her around while she's crawling. Now that she's started walking, we'll see how it goes.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09 TTC2 (since 05/10)

earleyml1012 replied to elegi23's response:
Seriously, the Little Mommy one is great! DD has had her since she was 18 months and she absolutely adores her. Like the PP said, the outfits are hard to find but they sell them online too. Plus if you're like me, one or two outfits is plenty.

Silver623 responded:
I was actually looking at the Little Mommy ones at Toys R Us. Good to know your DD's like them. Thanks for the tips!

mol13 replied to elegi23's response:
I got DS1 one of the plain little baby dolls from Toys R Us. They are little, maybe 10 inches long, and they don't really "do" anything. But it was nice because he saw how to hug the baby and give kisses. He was about 19 months when we got him the doll and DS2 was born when he was 22 months.

jeniece125 responded:
My daughter (whose 1) loves the fisher price little mommy one... I think there are a quite a few different little mommy ones. But hers is just plain (no movement or sound). it has a soft body and then the plastic head, arms and legs. She carries it everywhere and kisses it. and I like it because when it gets dirty, I just throw it in the wash. It's also perfect size for her and she has another doll, that has hair, but she rarely plays with it because the hair gets in her face and she doesn't like that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(23), DH(23), DD(4) 11-25-05 and DS(15 months) 11-12-08 at his 15 month appt he was 24 1/2lbs and 29 1/2in.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.