Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Photo calendars
sarahann1978 posted:
I am pretty sure that I want to order a photo calendar for the one set of Grandparents for Christmas. I have worked with Snapfish before and was looking at their calendars, but wondering if anyone here has any experience with any companies who print them, or any other thoughts on photo calendars?
Sarah (32), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

magsnemma responded:
I've heard good things about Snapfish. We use Apple because that's what we have. Also, if you want the grandparents to be able to keep the photos for longer than the calendar year, you might consider doing a photo book. We've been doing them for the grandparents since DD was born and my mom keeps the books on a shelf, all in a row. She says they cheer her up when she's sad.

I do like calendars though, I used to work at an Alphagraphics and I did calendars for people. So fun to see everyone's pictures.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008)

bravefan76 responded:
I have gotten a photo calender almost every year for about 5 years now (even before DS). I have used Snapfish, Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart and Kodak. I have pretty much found that they are all the same quality wise. I usually try and find which one has the best deal. Good luck--my biggest problem is narrowing it down to 12 pictures!!
Kelli (me) DH (38) DS--Colton 12-07-08

sarahann1978 replied to magsnemma's response:
Thanks everyone!

magsnemma- Actually I had thought about the long term use of the photos and I was planning to get a scrapbook with the right size sheets to accept the picture part of the calendar, so when the year is over she could cut off the calendar binding and slide the photo sheets into the scrapbook pages.
Sarah (32), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

magsnemma replied to sarahann1978's response:
That's a great idea, a scrapbook is more personal than just a book too. They'll love that.
Me (32), DH (32), DD (born Nov 2008)

cheeezie25 responded:
I've never done a calendar, but I did photobooks from Shutterfly last year, and they turned out really great!

earleyml1012 responded:
We've done calendars from Wal-Mart's website and they turned out nicely.

Another thought, if anyone is interested in photo books, Target has a $5 off coupon on their website for an 8.5x11 double sided book. Just throwing that one out there for whoever may be interested.

mel07430 responded:
Thanks for ths post!! I am going to make a calendar to give to relatives this year. LOL I never know what to get people so this will be great!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Katie, I have a beautiful son Kamdyn whose almost 18 months, his father and i are engaged, we live in NH. We are going through some really ...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.