Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

I love this age!!!!!
jessica5289 posted:
Bryson is 16 months now and I have realized I love this age. He is so happy and playful. It's great! I love to watch him learn new thing and that is a daily thing. He still needs me to cuddle but likes to play by himself. It's the best of both worlds. I have always said that the 2nd birthday is harder then the 1st birthday. A 2 year old doesn't need you as much as a 1 year old. I just wanted to share how much I love my 16 month old. I hope everyone enjoys there 1 year old as much as I do.
Bailey 4, Bella 3, Bryson 16 months, Brystol Lynn born 8/27/10

DDK2005 responded:
I actually enjoy my LO so much too...when Im at work I picture her lil smiling face and just want to run home. I think they're the cutest now too. Yeah they are starting to have their tantrums, but that too is actually amusing to me. She grows and learns every day, which amazes me what sponges they are....ahhh just want to go home and hug her!! Thanks for the happy note:)
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: Ava 3/26/09 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 in - at 13mo chk up weighed 18.2lbs

jessica5289 replied to DDK2005's response:
I had really expected more moms to brag on their toddlers. I know the toddler days are difficult to say the least but it kind of makes me a little sad that more people didn't post. This is a precious time and I hope they are taking the time to really enjoy there lo because before you know it they are 3 or 4 and not wanting you or needing you as much.

elegi23 replied to jessica5289's response:
I love some of the cute things DD does. She may drive me a little crazy sometimes, but there are definitely a lot of cute things she does. I am trying to catch up on posts, but I've been way busy, yesterday I was only at my desk 30 minutes :-(.

I love being able to go home and most of the time have a smiling toddler waiting for me at the gate (I say most because sometimes she's screaming if I don't pick her up in time). I love the cuddle time. I love when she just comes up to me and wants a hug, or walks up to me with a pair of pants on her head. I would have to say she makes me laugh more than I'm frustrated. I know I've been doing a lot of complaining, but I have so much going on, I've sorta been wallowing in myself. Thank you for posting and reminding me that my daughter doesn't just frustrate me.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09 TTC2 (since 05/10)

sdadkin responded:
My son is 15 months old. Sometimes he drives me absolutely crazy, but most of the time he is such a joy to be around. I love to see the big grin on his face when I pick him up from daycare every day. I love to hear him talking to himself when he first wakes up. I love to watch him learn new things or pick up new words. For the first time last night he told me "Night Night" when I put him in his crib for bed. It just brought the biggest smile to my face. And he gives hugs now. The very best hugs I have ever received in my life :)

I'm trying to cherish all the time I get with him. We have a new baby on the way due next May and I know it's going to be hard to split my time between both of them. I want to be able to give the new baby the same attention I gave my son when he was born, but I also don't want my toddler to feel left out. I'm sure things will work out though :)

jessica5289 replied to sdadkin's response:
sdadkin- It will work out. We just had another baby in Aug and trust me Bryson doesn't feel neglected. It will take some time but you will learn how to balance your attention. Sometimes that may mean the baby cries for just a few minutes and sometimes that will mean making your toddler wait a few minutes for what they want. It all works out, I promise.

I am glad to see more mom's replying. I know everyone loves their kids. That I never questioned. It's good to brag on them and remind yourself that even though they are difficult at times, they are really wonderful.

Emmyl responded:
My DS is 15 months and has the best sense of humor and is such a delight. Of course, he does throw some of the most horrible tantrums, but usually it's just because he's frustrated that we don't know what he wants, not because he's being naughty. He's started doing this little dance thing that's so funny. We'll say, "Jack, do the dance!" and he's stand there and sort of jog in place and do a little jig. I don't know where he got that from, but it's hilarious! He's such a sweet boy, I love every second with him.
We are expecting another precious angel in day now. I know it will be a challenge to have a newborn and a toddler, but I can't wait to hold both my babies in my arms!

jessica5289 replied to Emmyl's response:
Wait until you get the nerve up to let you son hold the new baby. It took me about a month to let Bryson hold Brystol and let me tell you I cried like a baby. Bryson was grinning from ear to ear and loving on her. It was one sweetest moments.It will be great

Emmyl replied to jessica5289's response:
It might be a while, lol. His favorite thing to do is say, "uh oh" and then throw something across the room.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my loving husband of 3 years. We have 2 sons, one who flies with the angels, and one who we love every minute with.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.