Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Clothes Clothes Clothes
elegi23 posted:
Speaking of Christmas, have a question.

I always get DD clothes for holidays/birthday. Usually I go to Carter's and get the little sets (onesies and pants). She's basically caught up to 24months in clothes, but I'll more than likely still get her some more. I really want to start getting her bigger toddler clothes, but I'm wondering about the sizing.

Next size up is 2t. When I went to Carter's they told me that 2t was just like 24 months, and I might as well skip it and just get 3t. Should I go ahead a get 2t, or just skip it?

Also, where else is a good place to get clothes? I'm in love with Carter's. I don't want to give them up. I was on their website today, and I really just don't like the selection of their toddler clothes. They're cute, don't get me wrong, but not as cute as the baby stuff. I love the little preset outfits, and buying the onesie packs, and then the matching pants. I just don't see stuff I can combine buying it individually. Maybe if I go to the store, they will look better together, but online, I just didn't like them. Plus I want stuff that she could switch around too.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09
TTC2 (since 05/10)

crunk05177 responded:
That is actually not true!! 24 months is slightly smaller than 2T!! I mean, it is NOT a HUGE difference but there is definitely a difference. The pants are slightly longer and sleeves are slightly longer. I wouldn't skip the 2T....I mean you could always try it on her and see too.

I have 2 boys and am not in love with the boy selection but Children's Place has really cute girl clothes, so does Old Navy and you can even find cute stuff at Kohl's and Target! Good luck!

TyPatrick08 replied to crunk05177's response:
I agree with Crunk.. their is a small difference. I am also not as happy with carters anymore like I was whne he was a baby. I bought osme outfits in the summer time and was upset that just after a few washings the stitiching was coming apart not on just one outfit but several outfits!

I typically go to GAP, their is an outlet by my house so I get the clothes at the same price as I would at Carters just they last longer and look nicer. I am in Love with their toddler jeans! I also shop at Kohls alot they have Jumping beans line mix and match and can usally get them at $4 a piece or less.

Their is deffinetly better girls clothes out there then boys... Happy Shopping :)
Me (23) DF (26) Tyler born 11-19-08 7lb9oz 20 1/2 inc 18 month check up 26lb 33in

sarahaguirre responded:
There really isn't a huge difference between the two sizes. If she's already growing out of her 24 months then I would just get 3T. Worse case her shirts will be a little longer or you may need to cuff the pants. My DD wears a 4T in shirts and a 3T in pants. She's long and skinny so her clothes fit her loose but length wise they are generally ok. I personally would rather buy my DD clothes that are slightly larger then fit her right on and then I'd just have to replace them soon after buying.

I really like Old Navy clothes. They always seem to have good sales and the sizes seems to run right on. I hate brands that run on the small side.
Me (27) DH (27) DD Stella born 3/10/2009 Baby Boy's EDD 1/28/11

breezy_83255 responded:
The difference is small. I buy 24month and 2T right now. DD wears both, and I can't really tell which size is which when it's on her. Like pp said, with 3T you'll probably have to roll up the pants/cut them off, but she will fit in them a lot longer than 2T. I suggest going to a store, any store, and trying some 2T and 3T stuff on her just to see.

I buy most of my girls' clothes at Kohls. Some of it's still carters, but not all.
Heather (30), DH (31), DD1 (3 1/2), DD2 (1 1/2), Baby Boy EDD Feb. 1st!

jessica5289 responded:
we always use the 24 months and 2 t at the same time.I do think 2t may be a little longer but I'm not 100%. I would go to the 3t. I love The Children's Place. We get a lot of their clothes there or I buy that brand at consignment sales. You may want to check out Jc Penny's. Good luck
Bailey 4, Bella 3, Bryson 16 months, Brystol Lynn born 8/27/10

bgabert responded:
I have found that 2T is longer than 24M stuff. DD is long and skinny and thus, toddler stuff fits better!
I shop at Zellers (this is probably a Canadian store..) and I love it! I can buy $4 pants and t-shirts and they ALL go together! They always have a mix-and-match section so you can buy whatever shirt and whatever pair of pants.. and they WILL go together, LOL.

It's easy for DH to "pick stuff" then since I know she won't be totally mismatched!
Bri (24), DH Jarrod (28), DD Emery (6/15/2009), Baby Boy EDD 2/13/2011

elegi23 replied to bgabert's response:
DD just gre out of her 12 month clothes, and is finally into her 18 month, but she just had a major growth spurt and is super tall now. She's 70% in height and 40% in weight, so she's still small, but tall for her age. She's a lot smaller than other kids her age. I always thought she was chubby, but when you sit her next to babies her age, she's always the smallest.

I am going to look for Zellers, that sounds like exactly what I need. Maybe they have an online store. Lol! DH mentioned going to TJ Maxx, but I'm still wanting to go to Kohls.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09 TTC2 (since 05/10)

sdadkin replied to elegi23's response:
I have found that a lot of the time TJ Maxx and Marshalls carry some of the same things that Kohl's does and it's a lot cheaper. We get DS clothes from TJ's, Marshalls, Walmart, and a lot of times JC Penney's will have really good clearance sales. He still wears 12 months in pants but 18 months in shirts. Most of the time I have to fold his pants over so they will fit him better. He is still kind of small for his age.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(28), DH(33), DS(17 mos) - Keelin @ 15 month appt 23lbs and 30.75 inches.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.