Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

nasty flu bug
almostthere2317 posted:
Monday DD came down with horrible diarrhea and proceeded to throw up Monday night. Tuesday she bounced back but DH and I both got it. Everyone is finally feeling better but DD started doing something really weird today at lunch when I saw her and I'm not sure why. I would try and give her a french fry or some fruit snacks and she would touch them and then gag. She has NEVER done this. She ate great last night. (spagetti of all things). I know I'm just probably being paranoid but this flu was horrible and I don't want it hitting her again. She acted fine except for the weird gagging. Also a little over a month ago she had that icky respiratory bug that went around and she still has a bit of a cough. The pedi told us Tuesday her lungs, ears and throat were clear and she looked great so I'm wondering if it is just hanging on and it has to run its course. I just hate her being sick in anyway!! Any suggestions to that?
I'm sure I just worry too much. Everyone be on the look out for this flu bug too. It is seriously horrible.

sdadkin responded:
My 15 month old son does the gagging thing also, but not because he is sick. I think it started when he was getting some of his back teeth in and he stuck his fingers too far back in his mouth. Well, he discovered that he gets a lot of attention when he makes that gagging sound and for awhile he was doing it all the time at dinner. We finally got him to stop just by kind of ignoring him.

elegi23 replied to sdadkin's response:
DD figured out how to gag herself and thought it was the funniest thing ever because we'd drop what we were doing and run to her. Then she'd laugh and laugh at us. If she did it, we'd make sure she wasn't really choking, and not make a big deal out of it, that way she'd stop thinking it was so funny.
Me (22), DH(30) DD Eleora Marylin 07/23/09 TTC2 (since 05/10)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts and have been married since 2005. Our DS, Kayden Riley was born June 9, 2009. I love being a mom!! Hopefu...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.