Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Grinding teeth...
sdadkin posted:
My DS is 17 months old and he recently started grinding his teeth. I have tried telling him not to do it, but of course that just makes him do it more. I have also tried ignoring it but he still does it. Any suggestions on how to get him to stop? It can't be good for his teeth and it is so annoying!!!
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

JMomma1 responded:
**lurking***

thats funny cause when my son was about 17-18mos he stared grinding his teeth too! im not sure u if all or many kids do this but all we tried was telling him no in a firm voice and of course it didnt work he was in daycare at the time, and the teacher/director told me there is nothing u can do to get him to stop,. u basically just have to deal with it. and eventually it will stop. he wont do this forever. i never asked his pedi though. i think it lasted a couple of months probably cause i had a hard time ignoring him when he did it.

seeit2 responded:
My DD did this for a period of time, then stopped on her own. It always annoyed the dickens out of me though. :)
Me (40) DH (39) DD (4) DS (13 mo)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.