Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

HELLO STRANGERS!
transcriber87 posted:
My goodness! I haven't been on here in soooo long!! Computer crashed and it has taken me forever to remember different sites I had saved on my favorites and passwords...geez!! I see a few familiar names on here...Ryanbaby, DDK and a few others! Cadance is 21 months old and is on the go constantly! Talking constantly, putting about 5 words together at times, has gotten really clingy to me and voices her opinions with NO! So how is everyone and their little ones doing?

DDK2005 responded:
Hey girl - how are you? If Im correct Ava & Cadance have the same or close birthdays...How is she doing? Ava is talking up a storm & is coming into her own. She's like a lil tornado, but Im loving watching her grow so quickly. She too puts sentences together & recently learned to spell her name - its so cute!!! Im trying to get her ready for baby #2 on the way. I cant believe we're going to be planing our 2nd Bdays already. How are things with your mom?
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: Ava 3/26/09 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 in - at 13mo chk up weighed 18.2lbs

transcriber87 replied to DDK2005's response:
Well Ava was born the day before Cadance was...Good memory! She too is like a tornado LOL!! Doesn't it seem like yesterday when we were all talking about how sick and tired we were of being pregnant, evening of primrose oil, castor oil? LOL!! And now our sweet things are 3 months away from their 2nd birthday! So much has happened that has kept me off of the boards, besides Cadance...My mom is good, thanks for asking..she is still baby crazy over Cadance and I love it! She moved out back in June, got her own place and I have 2 roomates..LONG STORY! I got laid off from the nursing home back in October and have been trying to find work..its not working out too well but my wonderful mother has helped me, she always has you know! Sperm donor is around $6000 behind in child support, he never sees her but that is probably for the best with his "issues". But I wake up to that sweet face every day saying"Morning mama" and things are great!! So your expecting another one? Congrats! How far along are you? Is Ava excited about it or does she comprehend it?

DDK2005 responded:
I still cant believe our girls are going to be 2 - it makes me sad and excited at the same time. Everyday she learns something new. She ceases to amaze me.

Im almost 7 months preggo now. Its funy because when I was prgnant with Ava I was on the pregnancy boards all day everyday, I actually just signed up for it recenly. It amazes me how different my state of mind is with #2 then #1. Wih this one I dont pay attn to anything I eat, all the kicks, what I should or shouldn't be doing - I even forget how far along I am. Now I just live life & sometimes even forget I'm pregnant - LOL!!! Ava hugs my belly & talks to the bab, but I dont think she has a clue. As for as she knows any mommy with a big belly has a baby in there - LOL!!!

You are lucky to have your mom's support - nothing like it. Does your SD still live across the street from you? Glad you got outta that relationship - oh how life changes when we have kids. Different priorities - if we only knew then what we know now!! Im lucky my DH is great & extremely helpful - I dont know how you do it on your own.
Me: Dee (36), DH: Ken (36), DD: Ava 3/26/09 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 in - at 13mo chk up weighed 18.2lbs

transcriber87 replied to DDK2005's response:
LOL! Yes, I remember LIVING on the boards, full of questions, every day all day, your right LOL!! Well, I figure you have your hands full with Ava so you probably don't have all that free time eh LOL!! 7 months preggo..OMG.. Will that make you due in March again? WOW girl!

Yes, my mom, god love her...she has been through such hell watching that ridiculous sperm donor ignore his daughter..ugh! She put the house up for short sale and we moved out last November. It was killing us taking Cadance out on the porch and him and his family would be out on the porch and not give the time of day so she said she just could NOT stay there! I was so glad to move also! It has been very hard to do it on my own, but you probably remember, my mom has been my biggest support person and has helped me tremendously with Cadance!

DDK2005 replied to transcriber87's response:
Yes 7 months preggo...Im due April 2nd...its exactly the same time of year i got pregnant with Ava - guess I need to be careful around the month of June for now on - LOL!! If my cycle was the same the due dates would have been identical! With Ava I was actually due on March 20th, so Im hoping this one also comes a lil late - so my maternity leave is extended closer into the summer.

What a nightmare w/ SD - I couldn't imagine not wanting to see my own child & his family ignores her too - PATHETIC!!! Its their loss, because I can imagine how cute she is right now! Good luck with the job hunt!!

jlynnpaine responded:
Hi there stranger! Glad to hear you and Cadance are doing well. I don't get on here very often anymore because I can't reply from work. Shae is getting so big and talking all the time now too. It's such a fun age.

transcriber87 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
OMG! Hey Jlynn!! How old is Shae now? Wasnt she born in Feb? I love seeing my old buddies on here!! I am making it a point to get on here more regularly!! I could go on an on asking questions about different stuff like,,why won't she eat, that is my biggest one right now LOL!

Dee..Wow girl, you are right on the track with baby #2 and your due dates LOL!! My due date with Cadance was 4-1 but they induced me on 3-26 and I didn't have here till the next day...I was on the road to pre-eclampsia..But the birthstone for that month is my fav color LOL!!

jlynnpaine replied to transcriber87's response:
She won't be two until the end of April. The last year has just flown by though. It's hard to believe we'll be planning her birthday soon.

Shae's appetite gets crummy when her teeth are hurting. Do you think that could be what's up with Cadance?

cheeezie25 responded:
How are you! I am not on here much anymore, but I do try to check it occasionally. I'm glad you and Cadance are are doing well! That is great that you guys got away from the sperm donor... what a freakin jerk deadbeat! You guys are better off without him in your life, his loss!

Brandon is doing great too! Not as chatty though lol... he is getting some speech therapy because he is not saying that many words, but he seems to be picking up a bit with that. All of the professionals don't foresee any long term problems though... he is a very smart (yet quiet...sometimes) cookie lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Catherine (28). DH (40). DSD (14). DSS (9). DS (17 months). Surprise LO EDD 10/4/10! I am a SAHM/In-Home Daycare Provider. I love, love, love what I ...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.